LocationBelfast, County Antrim
Date Posted07 November, 2022
One of the top international law firm’s are seeking an Admin Assistant to support their Office Manager who is responsible for the business administration of the Belfast and London offices, including all support functions and non-attorney staff coordination. This position will assist with all operations of the assigned offices, including human resources, marketing and event planning, facilities, information systems, and other tasks.
Human Resources – Under the direction of the Office Manager:
- Initiate new employee intake process (including offer letters), and exiting employee process
- Conduct New Hire orientation and ensure the necessary training is set up ready for their first day
- Deal with Employee Benefits issues and assist US with renewal documents and new hire documents
- Update Holiday Board and employees entitlement
- Assign receipts to credit card transactions
- Submit expense reports for London team
Marketing and Event Planning
- Get involved with the London Practice Assistants to plan and coordinate local marketing events including briefings, roundtables and seminars
- Maintain personnel directory
- Liasing with building landlords re; visitors, new starters, etc.
- Act as liaison between HelpDesk and office regarding technology issues
- Coordinate technology upgrades and maintenance with the firm’s IT department
- Initiate and maintain communication between firm and local IT vendor
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Dependable – quickly becomes the ‘go-to’ person for the Office Manager
- Ability to act in a position of trust, both as to attorneys and staff
- Responsive-responds to enquiries and provides feedback in a timely manner
- Highly organised
- Ability to work independently, exercising good judgment
- Capacity to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of firm personnel and diverse groups of people
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications, including, but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Document Management System, expense and billing systems.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job
Other Jobs you may like
Secretarial and Administration
Booking & Enquiries Administrator
£10.5 - £11
03 March, 2023