LocationBelfast, County Antrim
Date Posted18 October, 2022
AML Risk Manager
Abacus Group are working with a leading Bank to recruit for an AML Risk Manager to join the team. You will be joining a firm that is a leader in their industry and are looking for a candidate to take the next step in their career to lead a successful team of specialists with existing and emerging risks across the bank.
Why this role?
- Generous salary depending on experience
- Ability to make the role your own
- 13.5% pension
- Hybrid working – 2 days in office
- Provide subject matter expertise, advice and guidance on AML risk and issues;
- Participation in strategic and operational project teams;
- Ensure an effective AML risk control framework is in place
- Review and interpret data in a timely manner and make recommendations as required;
- Manage, support, and oversee any issues in line with framework requirements
- Ensure the team has continuous development in AML matters
- Interpret AML regulatory change and work with the business to implement appropriate controls
- Provide sign off on business unit policy and procedures and making decisions on appropriateness of AML crime controls
- Provide appropriate Management Information & Reporting into relevant governance forums (including Risk Committee)
- Support the annual AML risk assessment process
- Provide and engage with appropriate regulators when required.
- Perform quality assurance over the process & controls within the team and perform thematic quality assurance of the business areas
- Establish/build or directly represent the Bank with critical external forums.
- At least three years extensive experience across a AML risk and AML Operational area for either consumer & business products
- A willingness to study (if not held) towards industry qualifications (e.g. ICA International Diploma in AML)
- A strong working knowledge and practical experience of AML regulations risks, controls and issues with practical experience of managing AML risks, controls and issues within financial services
- A self-starter used to working autonomously within a demanding environment
- Ability to provide intellectual rigor to business controls monitoring and risk assessment, development of business solutions and decision making
- Excellent written skills and able to communicate with all levels of the organisation with the ability to influence senior management and the wider internal and external stakeholders
Contact Nicky Strutt for more information
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job
Other Jobs you may like
Banking and Finance
Client Audit & Compliance Senior Manager
Belfast, County Antrim
22 November, 2023