Analyst – Urgent
Salary£24000.00 - £30000.00
Date Posted02 April, 2021
Analyst – Belfast
Abacus are currently representing one of Northern Ireland’s leading firms that would be considered a household name. They have become synonymous with dynamic growth, empathy with customers and staff, integrity, team work and take their inclusion and diversity very seriously.
Reporting to the Pricing & Risk Manager, the Analyst will proactively support energy’s pricing and risk activities for natural gas in Northern Ireland, including the purchase of natural gas for energy customers.
Key priorities & Responsibilities:
- Manage the energy’s trade books in line with Risk Management Policy and agreed hedging strategies
- Model demand assumptions to ensure optimal purchase of natural gas, supporting the delivery of gross margin objectives for domestic and commercial sectors
- Liaise with Commercial Sales Team ensuring accurate alignment of purchasing activity to commercial contracts
- Ensure natural gas purchases are executed and on time, in line with Risk Management Policy
- Support development and management of energy price risk and purchasing policies and procedures
- Keep up to date with global natural gas market conditions, with particular focus on UK wholesale prices and underlying market fundamentals
- Ensure the natural gas trade books are fit for purpose, with focus on data quality and data management
- The post holder will demonstrate previous experience in an analytical or finance related role. In addition, they will have strong IT skills (particularly Excel), and possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Relevant 3rd Level qualification. Alternatively, 5 years’ experience in a financial or analytical role
- Self-confidence, discipline and a commercial approach
- Professional outlook, demonstrating strong communication and analytical skills
- Proven ability to successfully identify improvement opportunities, generate ideas and successfully implement solutions
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work independently and prioritise workload with excellent IT, communication and interpersonal skills
You will be offered a salary in line with experience and expectations
Our client offers a very comprehensive benefits package that includes the following:
- Health insurance
- Attractive Pension
- Competitive salary
- Free parking
- Life Insurance
- Employ development programs
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job