Salary£20000.00 - £25000.00
Date Posted10 February, 2021
Assistant Accountant – Working from Home
Who are we working with?
Abacus Careers are currently working alongside a highly established firm, which is a market leader within their industry, with a significant finance function here in Belfast. Our client is looking to bring on finance specialist to join their team. This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced finance professional to take their career to the next level, through the guidance and training this international entity has in place.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaising with company management team
- Monthly payroll on Sage Payroll
- Monthly & yearend PAYE/NI returns for HMRC
- Prepare & submit UK VAT returns
- Purchase Ledger management & monthly payment run
- Sales Ledger management & customers account reconciliations
- Prepare and send routine reports to clients
- Liaise with suppliers
- Bank Reconciliations
- Maintain Fixed Asset registers
- Posting of Trial Balance
- Petty cash management
- Credit Card Analysis & Payments
- Statutory returns
- Directors financial reports
- Creditor and Debtor reconciliation
- KPI and specific financial reporting on a weekly, monthly and annual basis for the board.
- Ensure payments are made accurately and in a timely manner.
What do we look for?
- Relevant accounting qualifications, accounting technician, PQ or OBE
- A minimum of 5 years accounts experience
- Competent working with Sage Accounts and Sage Payroll
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft office especially Excel(will be tested at Interview)
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle
Contact: Leon McHugh
44 (0)28 90995218
If you would be interested in this position please apply, for other jobs in Belfast please visit the Abacus Professional Recruitment website.With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job