Date Posted19 August, 2020
Are you a go-getter and want to expand your experience with a top 100 company based in Belfast??
Abacus Careers are delighted to be recruiting for an Assistant Accountant who would have a keen interest to gain experience in Internal Auditing. We are looking for a fantastic accounts specialist with a keen eye for detail to support our client’s management team. This is a diverse role which will provide a great opportunity for growth and progression
Purpose of role:
To protect the company’s resources (cash, stock etc.) by ensuring full compliance with all internal controls and procedures and other external/regulatory/legal compliance requirements and to provide assurance to the divisional board that key controls are in place.
- Full Accounting study support
- Pension contribution
- Share Scheme
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and rollout of agreed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and controls across the business to ensure risk is appropriately managed
- On-going review and updating of SOPs and controls in line with changes to business processes
- Assist the Internal Control Manager with the development and implementation of appropriate audit processes to ensure the business is compliant with all internal and external compliance requirements including SOPs, legal, regulatory and group policies
- Carry out audits across the business in accordance with the agreed audit plan
- Co-ordination and management of the reporting of issues arising including ensuring timely and appropriate responses from management and ensuring appropriate action plans are developed and implemented
- Assist the Internal Control Manager in the preparation and presentation of reports as required for periodic management and board meetings etc
- Work with HR and Operations to ensure store colleagues are fully trained in all areas of compliance and accurate, up to date records are maintained
Assisting the manager with the following:
- Monitoring of cash balances (including floats, ATM balances and Post Office cash) to ensure agreed limits are adhered to and insurance limits are not breached
- Work with the company owned, warehouse and cash and carry teams to ensure delivery of financial KPIs e.g. cash overs/shorts, waste, reductions, shrink/stock loss etc, including responsibility for weekly cash KPI reporting for the company owned estate.
- Attendance at quarterly stocktakes as required
- Assist the Head of Finance and Internal Control Manager with the reporting and management of fraud
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as required to ensure timely completion of audits
What do we look for?
- Part- Qualified Accountant/Accounts Technician or Qualified by experience
- SOP and Controls experience an advantage
- Strong Excel skills
- Can think on your feet and take responsibility and initiative
[email protected] or call 02890313157 today
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job