Assistant Management Accountant
Date Posted03 August, 2020
Assistant Management Accountant – Newtownards
Currently liaising with an exciting NI business who have seen revenue double over the last 3 years and are in a position now to add an Assistant Management Accountant to their team in Newtownards, Co.Down
Salary – Attractive Depending on Experience
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ad hoc duties as and when required including processing supplier and customer invoices.
- Back up resource for members of the accounts team when absent.
- Daily stock control for the company and monthly stock control for GRS and Dublin location
- Maintenance of Customer LTAs to ensure accurate reporting and accurate accruals at each month-end.
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register
- Maintenance of key control accounts and intercompany balances.
- Maintenance of Sales Order & Returns process (incl. maintenance of accurate pricing and promotion periods)
- Payroll Supervision (Sage Pay)
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for company and subsidiaries.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts. Ensure all month-end accruals and all cut-offs are accurate for monthly management accounts.
- Revaluation of all foreign currency balances at the month-end.
- Sales and profitability reporting to Directors at month-end and year-end (incl.sales reporting on an ad hoc basis).
- Team leading responsibility for accounts team on all aspects of the accounting function, including the managing and delegation of daily workload, resolution of any issues, provision of training, and coaching where necessary.
- Year-end audit preparation and support during financial auditing of company accounts
What are we looking for?
- 5 year’s relevant experience in a similar role.
- Team Lead/Management experience
- Desirable – part-qualified Accountant or Association of Accounting Technicians
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of team leading
- Meticulously well organised and reliable
- Strong IT skills, Sage 200 and Sage Payroll ideally with Sage 50 knowledge also and an understanding of stock control systems within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of working up to trial balance and assisting with final accounts preparation.
If you would be interested in this position please apply, for other jobs in Belfast please visit the Abacus Professional Recruitment website.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job