Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 19/08/2019
Backup Engineer – London
My client is a huge cloud company and are looking for a Backup Engineer. The Backup Engineer will join the Managed Backup Team. The ideal Backup Engineer will have some knowledge of Linux and Windows.
- Contribute to the success of the team, prioritizing work based on the needs of our customers and the business.
- Resolve escalated customer backup and restore issues. Able to effectively work with and manage escalations with all other Rackspace departments.
- Troubleshooting of backup failures and issue resolution on multiple platforms with varied configurations.
- Perform emergency data restorations for server, file system and or databases upon customer request in a calm and controlled fashion while maintaining consistent, professional communication with the customer.
- Proactively look to improve and add efficiency to current processes and exercise judgement in the decision-making process to provide consistent FANATICAL customer service.
- Share and provide training, troubleshooting, technical advice and direction to other members of the team.
- Work on projects to further efficiency and/or effectiveness of the MBU function.
- Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of data backup and restoration methodologies.
- Basic understanding and ability to navigate and control Operating Systems including Microsoft Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016), Linux Red Hat and CentOS (4x, 5x, 6x, 7x)
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, Email and networking
- Basic general understanding of databases including Microsoft SQL 2008, 2012, 2016 (Enterprise & Standard) plus MySQL (4x, 5x, 6x).
- Experience using CommVault backup applications on client servers is a distinct advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to communicate in a clear and concise manner both in written form of emails and ticket comments plus verbally on the phone.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and in stressful situations while supporting a customer base of over 5500.
Self-motivated; ability to maintain excellence in service without reliance on supervision.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.