Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 12/03/2020
The Abacus Group is currently assisting our global professional services client with the recruitment of a Business Development Assistant to join the wider Marketing team.
The successful candidate will work with the BD team of the Amsterdam office, providing day-to-day support on a variety of marketing and business development projects, winning new business (helping to produce effective proposal or credential documents) and growing key client relationships. They will work closely with other business development and marketing team members and with other support areas such as Finance, Know-How, Document Production and Creative Services.
- Collating information for and deliver first drafts of credentials statements, proposals (baseline documents for matter pitches, panel pitches), submissions (for legal directories), brochures, inserts and contact cards
- Collating information for and deliver first drafts of documentation and reports including, but not limited to: client relationship reviews/statements/reports, key account management (information) reports, value-add reports
- Liaising with the creative services team to assist with the formatting of client facing materials
- Assisting with the maintenance of various marketing systems including the global experience, proposals and contacts databases
- Updating the relevant sections of the website and intranet as required
- Responding to research requests for client and pitch meetings, trips eg organising and collating client/market research (and financials)
- Assisting with market / client research (mostly limited to instructing Lib Services)
- Supporting the BD team with BD and marketing initiatives and other inputs as required.
- Occasional European travel.
- Graduate with an interest in further professional qualifications (CIM or business qualification)
- Previous professional services BD experience
- Research skills would be advantageous
- Fluent in French or German
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Personal attributes and skills – Quick mind, eye for detail, ability to manage priorities and able to ask for help where necessary.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.