Job Type: Contract
Date Posted: 22/07/2020
Are you an experienced manager with knowledge of place / destination management issues?
Do you have exceptional stakeholder management skills?
Would you like to work for an organisation that will give you autonomy to shape the future of the business?
If you would like to know more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
To provide day-to-day management and leadership of the BID Company, working in association with all relevant agencies and service providers. The BID Manager will ensure that the BID Business Plan is delivered in a professional, transparent and cost effective manner.
- Be accountable to the Board of Directors and undertake both operational and strategic projects to sustain the success of the Business Improvement District in line with the BID Business Plan.
- Deliver the initiatives and services set out in the BID Business Plan and maintain and further develop a positive climate within which local and national business stakeholders will ultimately endorse the continuation of the BID after its initial 5-year period.
- Propose revisions to the Business Plan as necessary and prepare reports and briefing papers for the BID Board to make appropriate and informed decisions.
- Measure, monitor and be proactive in improving the Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s) set out in the Business Plan to the satisfaction of the BID Board.
- Ensure the proper and effective operation and development of the BID Company in accordance with the constitution.
- Co-ordinate and manage marketing, promotional and associated events
- Direct and manage the BID contracts, commitments and baseline agreements in line with the BID Business Plan and formulate actions and follow up to ensure appropriate remedial actions are taken.
- Manage the overall BID budget in line with financial control procedures to ensure that BID activities are developed within the agreed budget and monitor expenditure and advise the Board of the financial position. Including the assistance with the preparation of financial reports.
- Manage Staff, Contractors and Partners to ensure projects and initiatives are developed in a cost and time efficient manner and ensure that all those involved in the BID understand the contribution they make and identify with the BID’s aims and objectives.
- Co-ordinate and manage day to day administration of the BID project including office accommodation, staff, BID board meetings, and any correspondence associated with the BID project.
- Comply with appropriate legislation governing employment and data protection as part of day to day management of the BID Company and deployment of additional resources.
- To comply with Health and Safety policies, organisations statements and procedures
- Develop effective working relationships at strategic and operational level with a variety of public agencies, private sector partners, stakeholders, press and media and other interest groups.
- Proactively seek and secure further funding opportunities to sustain the BID for the future through a variety of sources including private sector involvement and voluntary contributions.
- Liaise and work with the necessary agencies in relation to the strategic development of the BID Location.
- Previous multi-functional operational experience – an understanding and working knowledge of place/destination management issues is required
- Demonstrable commitment to providing an exceptional customer service culture.
- Experience of project and budget management.
- Evidence of knowledge and experience of both public and private sector activities in the destination.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to a wide range of audiences (including ability to write clear and concise reports and presentations).
- An ability to prioritise and remain focused; to organise workloads of self and others without daily supervision.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a diverse set of partners.
- Ability to effectively present a business case to key stakeholders for recommending changes.
- Knowledge of company and financial legislation in relation to limited companies.
- Experience of dealing with the media and press.
- IT skills – ability to use and adapt a variety of Microsoft Office based and project management applications.
- Experience in marketing, event management or brand management, and have dealt with creative, design & marketing agencies would be an advantage.
- An awareness and understanding of the key issues facing destinations such as this and ideally experience in the development or place management.
- Knowledge and experience of the dynamics affecting place management.
- Ability to be able to analyse problems and adopt an innovative approach to finding solutions.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.