Location: Northern Ireland
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 05/08/2019
Billing Team Lead
Who are we working with?
Abacus Careers are currently working alongside a highly successful Utilities Company based in Antrim, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Billing Team Lead.
£Depending on Experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the billing manager to ensure timely and robust month end contract billing
- Assist the Customer Billing Manager with strategic business initiatives and undertake any additional duties as directed
- Assist with revenue management across the business and work with internal departments to ensure processes are in place to minimise revenue leakage
- Assist with the management of aged / bad debt, keeping abreast of changes in legislation and regulatory requirements
- Conduct contract and budget performance analysis, monitoring and reporting on operating costs
- Drive business improvement initiatives, including the documentation and implementation of new policies and procedures
- Gain comprehensive knowledge of the end to end billing and financial processes
- Identify, develop and implement training to ensure the highest quality of service is provided and compliance with industry agreed standards. Monitor and drive performance within the team
- Monitor data integrity and accuracy of processed information ensuring compliance with licence conditions, Codes of Practice and internal procedures
- Provide support for team supervisors, analyse and review team performance and prepare weekly and monthly KPI reports
- Take the lead in day to day activities within the Meter Reading, Customer Billing, Credit Control and Revenue Protection teams under the direction of the Customer Billing Manager, escalating issues where appropriate, and delegating work consistently within the team
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of managing a busy, multi-functional team, preferably within a regulated financial role or within the NI utility industry
- Successful track record of driving improvement initiatives and implementing solutions
- Experience in managing complex projects from conception to completion
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and prioritise personal and team workload
- Proficient user of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Contact :Leon McHugh 44 (0)28 90995218 or email your CV to [email protected]
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.