14th February 2020
Location: Belfast Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 14/02/2020
The Abacus Group is currently assisting our global professional services client with the recruitment of a Business Development Assistant to join the wider Marketing team.
The ideal candidate will be ambitious as this will be a fantastic opportunity to develop marketing and business development experience within a highly professional and leading legal environment. The role will provide day to day support on a variety of marketing and business development projects, winning new business by helping to produce effective proposal or credential document.
* Collating information for and deliver first drafts of credentials statements, proposals, submissions, brochures, inserts and contact cards
* Liaising with the creative services team to assist with the formatting of client facing materials
* Assisting with the maintenance of various marketing systems including the global experience, proposals and contacts databases and the maintenance of various office and practice brochures.
* Updating the relevant sections of the website and intranet as required, creating first draft content and posting to our various social media platforms
* Responding to research requests for client and pitch meetings, trips eg organising and collating client/market research, relationships
* Assisting with market / client research
* Manage practice group thought leadership including the distribution of client alerts and web content placement
* Responsible for the on boarding of new joiners, from drafting press releases to CV preparations.
* Supporting the BD team with BD and marketing initiatives and other inputs as required.
* Coordinating with the events team in booking venues, creating invites, collateral and coordinating the invite list with fee earners
* Strong time management skills
* Ability to multi task (especially urgent requests) and work well under pressure
* Excellent attention to detail
* Enthusiastic, pro-active, persistent, robust, with a commitment to getting the job done
* A hunger to learn and take on all tasks that will aid in the learning including keeping up to date with legal and commercial developments relevant to the product areas and sectors
* Good humoured, willing and a positive outlook
* Strong client focus
* Sophisticated communication skills and interpersonal skills
* Graduate with an interest in further professional qualifications (CIM or business qualification)
* Previous professional services experience would be an advantage
* Research skills would be advantageous
* Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
* Personal attributes and skills – Quick mind, eye for detail, ability to manage priorities and able to ask for help where necessary.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.