Business Development Executive
Date Posted17 June, 2022
A leading law firm working with leading businesses to protect and enhance their most important assets – their ideas, their people, their brand, and their future. We call it: Ideas. People. Possibilities.
The Business Development team provides a broad range of strategic and day-to-day marketing and business development support as well as managing a range of cross-practice and firm-wide initiatives.
Team members are aligned to the firm-wide legal practice and sector groups providing a broad range of business development and marketing support to those groups, and managing a range of cross-practice, firm-wide initiatives.
This role is an exciting new opportunity to help the firm’s ‘island of Ireland’ offering embark continued period of growth. Working closely with the Belfast and Dublin office partners, the Co-CMOs, the wider BD&M team, as well as other key stakeholders across the firm (UK based), this role will help develop and execute the Ireland practice plans to raise profile, grow existing clients and develop new relationships.
The role will involve helping the Ireland partners with their plans to grow fees from existing clients and develop new client relationships.
A ‘hands-on’ role, it offers a balance of project ownership/autonomy with the opportunity to get involved in team initiatives. The role requires significant interaction with partners and fee-earners and you will be expected to develop a trusted advisor relationship with key partner stakeholders. You will be a key member of a wider BD&M team and will be supported by colleagues in the broader Marketing & BD team. Comms, digital and general marketing support will be provided from London.
The job holder will focus primarily on business development activities (targeting new business, proposals etc) but will need to have a broad skill set and aptitude for a wider range of marketing activities to support group initiatives. Specific responsibilities include:
- Dedicated BD Executive for the Belfast & Dublin offices
- Client development – work with individual partners and teams to manage client development – managing client pipelines, helping to prepare for relationship meetings and providing analysis on client trends, fees, cross-selling opportunities etc
- Tenders and pitches – help deliver winning pitches and responses to RFPs: assessing pitch opportunities and making recommendations on approach; drafting of the tender document; coaching pitch/tender teams; post-pitch debrief and analysis (both internal and external) and feeding learnings into the process
- Marketing communications – manage the campaign-focussed marketing communications objectives, which include public relations, event management as well as internal communications to continually raise the profile of the office
- Return on investment – work with the team and the fee earners to identify efficiencies in processes and ways of working and improve ROI
- ‘Champion’ firm wide initiatives – ensure buy-in to firm wide programmes such as effective use of CRM system (Interaction); web and digital presence and development; business development and marketing training and coaching
- Market analysis and research – identify opportunities arising from new legislation and developments in our practice areas, trends in the market and changes in our clients’ businesses; industry sector research
Experience and Skills Required
- Expectation that the successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience, preferably in a professional services environment, ideally legal
- Good all round business development and marketing skills. The role may particularly suit someone who has had exposure to a range of different projects but who has, or is looking, to develop their skills on business development projects as outlined above
- Good written and communication skills, with an ability to communicate at all levels from senior partner to junior staff
- Comfortable taking a brief for a project, working as part of a project team with supervision or working on own initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines and juggle multiple projects
- Self-starter who can show initiative
- High attention to detail and strong client focus
- Able to communicate with a broad population of contacts – both written and oral
- Professional, proactive, creative, good humoured and enthusiastic approach to all work and interactions
- Strong team player
- Proactive attitude, seeking out opportunities for development and learning
- Flexibility to work additional or out of office hours, where business needs dictate
- Advanced skills in MS Office packages, including MS Publisher and experience of database management, preferably knowledge of Interaction desirable. Experience of Vuture and InDesign would be nice to have
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job
Other Jobs you may like
Marketing, Advertising and PR
Digital Account Manager
£30000 - £35000
10 January, 2023