LocationBelfast, County Antrim
Date Posted19 October, 2023
Role – Commercial / General Manager
We are exclusively hiring an experienced Commercial / General Manager to join a company that delivers exceptional events, customer experience, and business publications and content managment.
A visionary leader is needed to take responsibility and oversee a growing business unit within the wider Group. You will provide strategic direction, set goals, and ensure the business unit’s growth and profitability. You will manage resources, develop new and existing client relationships, and drive commercial opportunities to maximise revenue streams. You will also lead the team to coordinate and deliver highly branded events (including event planning and execution) and provide exceptional experiences for customers and attendees, while maintaining financial sustainability. Key areas of the role involve:
Strategic Direction – you will focus on:
• Helping to drive a niche customer-focused portfolio within the events sector.
• Creating and implementing a competitive strategy and creative vision for the business unit.
• Playing the lead role in business development and associated sales opportunities.
• Driving revenue growth and market share in a competitive environment.
• Identifying market trends and opportunities.
• Measuring and reporting on operational performance and develop plans to improve relevant key performance indicators.
• You will also avail of wider Group resources to deliver commercial goals.
Product Delivery – you will be responsible for:
• Be the brand manager, plan, deliver and manage of unit events calendar and content output.
• Managing the monthly and annual P&L, forecast, and strategy.
• Overseeing the production process for all products.
• Responsible for delivery of the various functions across the business: operations, marketing, production, and delegate / ticket sales.
• Driving delegate / attendee / subscriber acquisition across the suite of products.
• Manage and maintain key relationship with existing clients and customers to maintain loyalty.
• Develop relationships with new clients to create new revenue streams.
• Manage and develop effective networking opportunities to support key relationships.
• Represent the Group effectively and professionally at all times; including with industry bodies, external organisations, advertisers and events.
• Working with the CEO and other stakeholders across the wider Group to drive efficiencies and collaboration opportunities.
• Attending events as required to represent the business and Group, as well as using these occasions to build and foster a business network for the organisation.
This role will suit a highly driven professional with a track record of achieving commercial and growth goals. You will demonstrate an ability to contribute to and execute a strategic vision. The Group is open to the right individual to maximise growth. If you have connections within a broad spectrum of businesses, business networks and industry this is an advantage. If you have experience of managing the planning and delivery of event management, this is also welcomed.
Rewards – this commensurate with experience and subject to specific negotiation with the right individual. Due to the scale of the Group, internal progression plans will be available.
To take the next step, send your CV in to Alan Braithwaite, Abacus Careers.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job
Other Jobs you may like
Marketing, Advertising and PR
Membership & Events Administrator
£25000 - £27000
17 November, 2023