Commercial Underwriter – Hybrid
LocationBelfast, County Antrim
Date Posted21 June, 2022
Commercial Underwriter – Hybrid Working 80%
• Up to £35,000 depending on experience, plus an annual bonus of up to £3,500 (up to 10% of salary)
• 35-hour working week, Monday-Friday, no weekends, or evenings
• Up to 80% home working following an initial induction period
I am delighted to be working with one of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies. My client offers a supportive culture where they empower and inspire their people to perform, offer them opportunities to grow, and recognise and reward their contribution.
My client is currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Commercial Underwriter to join their team at their Regional Service Centre in Belfast and focus on existing business.
Work/life balance is extremely important to my client and therefore this opportunity will offer you a 35-hour working week, with shift patterns falling between 8am and 6pm Monday – Friday, and no weekends! Their hybrid working model also means you can work from the comfort of your own home up to 80% of the time once you are fully up to speed.
Benefits and Rewards
When you join their team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
- Salary up to £35,000 depending on skill set and experience
- Annual bonus (up to 10%)
- Contributory pension scheme, up to 20%, including your 8% contribution
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + buy/sell holiday scheme
- Access to savings at High Street brands, travel, and supermarkets
- £20 contribution to a monthly gym membership – subject to T&Cs
- Health and wellbeing plan – cashback for dentist, opticians, physio and more
- Unlimited access to Refer a Friend £500 bonus scheme
- Life Assurance cover of 4 x salary
- Employee discounts on a range of insurance policies.
They are looking for a customer-orientated and detail-focused professional who has previous Commercial underwriting experience with either new or existing business.
Being a strong team player, you will strive to achieve high-quality standards and output, even when challenged and working under pressure. You will be used to always putting the customer first and fully considering their requirements whilst developing lasting relationships.
Contact Siobhan from Abacus Careers or Apply Now!
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job