Salary£106000.00 - £110000.00
Date Posted19 February, 2021
Are you an experienced Construction Director with the ability to oversee and develop the construction department?
Do you have excellent infrastructure knowledge & experience with the ability to manage multi million pound projects?
Would you like to work for a company that will offer a competitive package and fantastic career opportunity?
We have a very exciting role that is newly created and will offer an amazing challenge. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
Our client is a large business that is growing significantly throughout Northern Ireland. Following huge investment, they are looking to increase their headcount in 2021 and have identified a number of key strategic hires. With their recent successes and business growth, the business is looking to appoint a Construction Director that will help the company grow further and offer much more to their customers.
As Construction Director you will be responsible for the following:
- To effectively manage the company’s Construction function to ensure best practices are followed, costs are controlled, quality standards are achieved, and delivery timescales are met.
- To effectively manage health, safety, environmental and quality, ensuring legal compliance and maintenance of company standard for all construction projects.
- To lead the construction team ensuring each member has clear targets, objectives, and responsibilities, progressively monitoring their individual performance against the agreed criteria and conducting formal appraisals in keeping with time frames.
- In conjunction with executive management, develop and execute a build programme that supports achievement of the company’s medium to long term business performance objectives.
- Ensuring all build programmes have the necessary project plans and controls in place to effectively track project progress and critical path activities, ensuring that mitigation plans are in place to deal with risks and issues identified.
- Ensuring all projects have the necessary and correct resource allocated to deliver on the key objectives.
- Ensuring all necessary reporting is in place to track progress and performance against agreed targets.
- Develop and manage an effective partnering culture with our sub-contractors to ensure collaborative effort is applied across the projects.
- Liaise with Finance and Legal heads on the appointment of suitable sub-contractor partners, ensuring these relationships comply with company contract policies and guidelines.
- Liaise with Finance Heads to ensure the necessary cost controls are in place and build costs are being managed within budget.
- Deal with the escalation of contract disputes and ensure that Contract and Technical Teams follow all agreed control procedures.
- Prepare papers for Company Board Pack, present at Executive and Board Meetings, and be involved in discussing and influencing all aspects of the company network build programmes.
- The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties that may be required from time to time within the general scope of the post.
- An authentic leader with extensive construction and operational experience management experience within a target driven, customer facing environment
- The role is senior client-facing and requires the ability to inspire confidence throughout all phases of execution.
- Overall responsibility for the construction management of high value telecoms projects
- Flexibility to step in and lead the projects on site when required
- Experience of managing the rollout of major infrastructure projects, ideally in a telecoms environment
- Experienced leader with proven track record in leading teams and delivering against project and business targets.
- Significant commercial and contract experience in relation to managing a large sub-contract workforce
- Experience of working within a busy environment with shared responsibilities
- Good people skills and comfortable communicating across the company hierarchy
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction or building science.
- Knowledge of NEC and JCT contracts
- Knowledge of the Openreach Physical Infrastructure (PIA) product.
- PMP, MICE or Prince 2 accreditation
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job