Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 23/08/2019
Credit Control Manager
Salary- £Attractive Salary
Who we are working with:
On behalf of our client Abacus Careers would like to hear from experienced Credit Control Manager to work with a top 100 Company who pride themselves on promoting a great work/life balance and a fantastic benefit package.
25 days Annual Leave and 11 stats
- Ensure escalation of issues that may delay, impact or prevent payment of invoices
- Ensure regular and effective reporting to ensure that relevant stakeholders are informed re: inventory and collections status
- Exchange ideas and information effectively in a concise and logical way, and be sensitive to audience diversity.
- Exercise required degree of tact and diplomacy when dealing with others and in handling sensitive issues
- Liaise with In-Market Finance personnel, Partners, Client Support teams, management and others to ensure that receivables are followed up in a timely manner in accordance with the Firm’s standardised best practice and agreed service levels
- Manage teams of Collections Supervisors and Coordinators and guide them in an effective manner
- Minimise aged outstanding debts to minimise the risk of write-offs and bad debt
- Monitor work levels and manage capacity among members of the Collections teams
- Serve as the primary point of contact for In-Market Finance leads on the status of collections activities and inventory issues
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in business administration, commerce, finance, liberal arts, or related courses
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands, including learning new skills when required
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive credit and collection process experience; international experience preferred
- Flexibility to work a reasonable shifting schedule is required
- General understanding of accounting or finance principles as well as the specific law firm or professional service accounting structure, environment and requirements
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Keen attention to detail and effective organisational skills
- Knowledge and experience of financial systems (SAP preferred) but not required
- Must be confident to escalate and ask questions, especially when being asked to deviate from standard processes.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
44 (0)28 90313157
If you would be interested in this position please apply, for other jobs in Belfast please visit the Abacus Professional Recruitment website.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.