Credit Control Manager
Date Posted18 October, 2020
Senior Credit Controller
Who are we working with?
Abacus Careers are proudly working with a highly successful FMCG based in Greater Belfast, we are seeking to speak with Credit Control Seniors and Managers.
This is a brand new role due to growth so you could really make it your own, you will have 3 reports (2 credit controllers and an admin)
Roles and Responsibilities ( full job description on request)
- Authorising opening of all new credit accounts, ensuring proper processes have been followed by the credit controllers.
- Developing and implementing credit scoring models for risk assessments
- Maintaining a suite of reporting and records of credit applications, payments, and bad debts, providing reporting and analysis of the data
- Overseeing responsibility for the team of Credit Controllers and their portfolios of debtor accounts, ensuring adherence to process, credit and payment terms, credit checks, and agreed on ways of working
- Responsibility for managing escalation of debtors that fail to meet terms of their credit agreement
- Responsibility for reviewing and maintaining the company’s credit policy
- Review the Credit Controllers credit recommendations, being ultimately responsible for acceptance or rejection of the same
- Supporting the daily activities of the credit control team where required.
- Undertake periodic credit reviews, putting in place any required follow up action
Who are we looking for?
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of people
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to work well with others in the company at various levels of responsibility
- Analytical skills and data interpretation
- Computer literate and experience of using Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships
- Excellent organisational skills for effective diary planning and time management
- Extensive experience in credit control at a senior level, to include managing relationships with credit reporting agencies, insurance providers, and collection agencies/solicitors
- Good level of education to GCSE level (or equivalent), including Maths and English (Grade C or above or equivalent)
- Two years’ proven work experience at Supervisor/Manager level or relevant transferable experience
44 (0)28 90313157
If you would be interested in this position please apply, for other jobs in Belfast please visit the Abacus Professional Recruitment website.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job