Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 02/03/2020
Credit Control Team Lead
Abacus careers are delighted to be working with one of our Belfast city centre clients as they seek to add a credit control team lead to their team. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining the credit control team in the Belfast offices.
The role will involve;
- Comprehensive Credit Management knowledge, delivering a high standard of technical advice to the firm
- Ongoing continuous professional development in the field of Credit Management
- Share knowledge of articles of interest with the team
- Awareness of current financial affairs on a general level and in relation to our key clients
- Manage the insolvency of clients to include global filings and correspondence with administrators
- Managing the exposure of the global firm through alerts, information providers, financial news and by detailed reporting and analysis by jurisdiction and or client. Exposure to include Work in progress and debt
- Debt management of a selection of key clients on a global basis including regular relationship liaison via telephone and email with external and internal clients
- Debt management of the European offices serviced by Belfast SSC, including regular liaison via telephone and email with the Heads of Finance & Working Capital Managers. This to include detailed discussion on the impact of debt on the profitability and the bad debt provisioning process.
- Creation & distribution of Month end reports and statistics for the European Offices.
- Ensuring deadlines are met and that a professional service is provided to the firm and to clients. This may require flexibility outside the standard working day
- Overarching responsibility for ensuring credit checks conducted for new clients on a global basis
- Monitoring of clients highlighted in debt exposure reports
- Supporting the department in the event of staff absences
- Ensuring one is up to date with professional development and maintaining awareness of developments that impact upon the role and the wider firm
- Setting the daily workload of European Credit Controllers & liaising with the UK/US Team Lead to team adequately resourced on the whole.
- Supervision of the Credit team on a daily basis in respect of performance against objectives as well as general housekeeping policies
- Adequate detailed ledger knowledge & reviews to be able to embed and improve processes for the whole team
- Providing guidance and support to credit controllers on all matters and in the event of commencing legal proceedings
- Take weekly team meetings in conjunction with the UK/US Team Lead and Credit Manager to deliver the necessary messages, training and maintain open and effective lines of communication within the team
The Successful candidate will have;
- Minimum of 5 years Credit Control experience
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory/team leading experience
- Good numeracy and literacy skills and a minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Currently working towards/ intention to study for the CICM qualification
If this role interests you please contact Amy on 02890995221 or alternatively send your updated CV to [email protected]
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.