Location: County Down
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 26/06/2020
Abacus Careers are working with a FMCG company on their search for an experienced Credit Controller, this is a fantastic opportunity based in Newry Co.Down for someone with excellent excel and collecting skills to join a company with an unrivalled reputation and a terrific team environment
- Communicate daily in a professional manner with customers and staff.
- Set up terms and conditions on accounts
- Contacting customers by telephone and email to resolve payment issues.
- Processing reminder letters and monthly statements. Print and post all statements to debtors at the end of the month
- Liaise with sales and accounts receivable teams to resolve outstanding queries.
- Credit vetting
- Daily and month-end reporting and account reconciliations
- Investigate and resolve queries relating to non-payment of invoices.
- Draft letters to resolve issues of complaint
- Maintain contact with customers to ensure invoices are clear for payment
- Provide accounts information to internal departments
- Work to strict monthly and annual collection targets
- Service and maintenance of customer Direct Debits
- Liaise daily with Customer Service Manager and Department.
- Other administration and office duties as required.
- To act as an ambassador for Savage & Whitten and behave in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- To work effectively and efficiently as part of a team.
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate by your immediate manager.
- Educated to at a minimum of GCSE Level or equivalent with Grade C in GCSE Maths / English
- Proven experience working within a Credit Control or Finance department.
- Ability to work flexibly, on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Polite but tenacious telephone manner.
- Excellent standard of numeracy.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office packages- especially Excel
- Experience dealing with high volume of customers
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload.
- Ability to interpret and process large amounts of information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
If you are interested in discussing further, please apply immediately
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.