Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 16/03/2020
Data Science – Northern Ireland
Our client is one of the biggest success stories to come out of Northern Ireland recently and is going from strength to strength. They are working with the largest sporting brands across the global and continue to add household names to their extensive portfolio of clients. This will be a job like no other for the right person and one that doesn’t seem like work at all. On visiting our client’s site, I experienced an inclusive, supportive and hugely innovative team that has a very customer centric ethos. The team are truly making a difference to sports people and performance everywhere not just top athletes.
The duties will be as anticipated for a Data Scientist but expect lots of other exciting duties and ones that have not being thought about yet. You will also have the opportunity to make this role your own:
- Bring analyticial concepts to customer using products
- Create data-based solutions
- Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data
- Test data mining tools
- Present findings using data visualisation tools
- Utilise data modelling techniques to establish trends/patterns and relationships within real-world performance monitoring data sets
What you will need for this role:
- Degree in a relevant Computer Science, Data Science, Data Mining, Data Analytics Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related field.
- Experience of cloud platforms e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- You will ideally be proficient in programming in Python, experience in R is desirable
- Experience using relational database technologies such as SQL and MySQL along with non-relational databases such as DynamoDB
- Experience in mathematical modelling and optimisation, predictive analysis, machine-learning, and data mining
- Experience developing data and analytical pipelines
- Previous experience using Data Visualisation software like; Tableau, Power BI or QlikView Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, VBA & macros)
- Desirable Criteria: Software dev experience, spatio-temporal data analysis knowledge, experience of wearable sensor data and Machine learning algorithms.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary will be very competitive and negotiable and will include the benefits listed below:
- 28 days annual leave
- Birthday leave
- Pension Scheme
- Life Cover
- Critical Illness Cover
- Income Protection
- Wellness Wednesdays
- Player of the month reward
- Health and wellbeing Initiative
- Diversity and Inclusion Initiative
- Leisure clothing in partnership with Hummel
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.