Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000
Date Posted: 12/06/2019
DBA (MySQL, MariaDB or Percona) – London
My Client are looking for a MySQL DBA to join their team in London. Any experience with MariaDB or Percona is highly desirable. They are in the financial sector and are a FinTec company. This is the ideal opportunity for anybody already in the financial sector or looking at getting into the financial sector.
The core database group is responsible for managing and engineering the company’s global RDBMS solutions;
- Participate in the design and migration of appropriate private cloud database instances to the public cloud.
- Provide DBA support across the dev, QA, uat and production environments.
- Day to day management activities, performance tuning, capacity planning, transaction processing.
- Install, configure and upgrade MySQL instances and databases for optimum performance.
- Implement disaster recovery and backup solutions using replication technology.
- Automate routine DBA tasks through scripting (Bash, Ruby etc.) and/or open source tools.
- Setup monitoring solutions to pro-actively capture, analyse and resolve database related issues.
- Performance analysis and tuning of database systems.
- Take ownership of and follow through on database-related requests/tickets from different teams.
- Research and implement solutions to leverage features in the latest versions of MariaDB/MySQL.
- Collaborate with application dev teams on implementing database best practices and reviewing/optimizing SQL code.
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation and provide weekend/off-hours support.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Mariadb/ MySQL version 5.0+ on Linux. Any other database experience is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills as the team interfaces with all levels of the business and a team player able to both pass on and assume responsibility for tasks that require follow up activity across the time zones.
- The role requires troubleshooting skills, the ability to work under pressure and competence to innovate whilst being sympathetic to change management processes that governs the management of production resources.
- Unix scripting; strong knowledge of at least one of Bash, Ksh, Perl, Ruby, PHP.
- Knowledge/experience of public cloud such as AWS/GCP and supporting Java applications considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of any or all of the Engines; Innodb, XtraDB, PBXT, Archive, Infobright.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.