Salary£18000.00 - £19000.00
Date Posted22 April, 2021
Are you a driven retail professional with experience in a deli / fresh food environment?
Do you have strong customer service experience in a retail environment?
Would you like to work for a leading company with excellent career prospects?
We have a great role with a leading local employer as they wish to appoint a Deli Supervisor for their Draperstown site. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
We are offering full time contracts in two stores (Draperstown & Carrickfergus) that are weekly-paid and competitive. Other benefits include a pension scheme, 10% discount in the store, employee assistance support through Inspire and part of the Affinity Scheme (Discount on thousands of products and services across the UK and Ireland).
In addition, you will receive the following in house training:
- HACCP compliance
- Basic & Intermediate Food Safety & Hygiene
- Passion & Flair on presenting to great quality food for our customers
- Manual Handling and all other legally mandatory training to work in a hot food area.
- Understanding and meet the needs of the customer at all times
- Coach & train colleagues to ensure excellent customer service in areas of responsibility
- Active role in delivering the brand and brand engagement (programme to engage colleagues)
- Fully engaging your team in ensuring that “customer is No.1” always
- Actively supporting the leadership team in addressing under-performance via customer service survey. Including coaching and mentoring with your teams
- Liaising with the leadership team to actively seek out opportunities to become
Involved in local community to raise the profile of the brand
- Get involved in the stores face-book page and other social media to drive sales in
your areas of responsibility
- Preparing, cooking and serving hot/cold meals, whilst ensuring maximisation of stock availability
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, flair and passion to entice customers to shop with their eyes
- Manage and co-ordinate promotional execution
- At least 2 years recent experience in a busy restaurant, catering, fast food, cafe, deli, food to go or hot counter environment. This experience should be in a sales-based environment with some exposure of margin
- Good working knowledge of all fresh food areas and an ability to support in maintaining an exceptionally high standard of operational efficiency throughout hot/Food to Go operations
- Proven experience in the areas of stock control, people skills, cost control, rota planning, HACCP, Hazard analysis and critical control procedure implementation
- Excellent attention to detail in food standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience gained within a busy convenience or supermarket retailing unit
- Further education in related discipline e.g. NVQ in catering or higher
- Fresh food operation including bakery, delicatessen, provisions, and coffee
- Experience of a cafe or retail unit
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job