Date Posted02 September, 2020
A leading US based Financial Services payment company are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their rapidly growing organisation. Offices are based in Derry/Londonderry but offer fully remote working. This role reports into the VP of Engineering.
The talented individual will install a DevOps culture and create an enterprise-wide cutting-edge CI/CD solution to enable fully automated on-premise and cloud-based build and deployment pipeline with IaC capabilities. As a SME within the growing DevOps team, you would lead efforts in architecture and help to implement and optimise end-to-end CI/CD capabilities for the expanding on-prem and multi-cloud operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide DevOps Tools and CI/CD expertise to software development teams across the enterprise.
- Help build a reusable standard CI/CD pipeline model with built-in quality gates, security, and cutting-edge tools and automation.
- Drive process automation focused on eliminating manual steps in application build and deployment, integrating compliance and quality gates in the process.
- Lead discussion and guide technical teams regarding operational, technical, and procedural best practices.
- Evangelise a fully automated product build and release process, driving a push-button deploy attitude and vision.
- Work with program teams to understand their product development requirements, guide in embracing DevOps principles, prescribed toolchain, and pipeline framework.
- Be highly familiar with cloud services, having supported large scale production deployments on one or more of these platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud GCP).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years designing, implementing CI/CD solutions, and DevOps related practices.
- 5+ years of cloud computing experience.
- Version Control: Experience with version control systems such as GitHub, GitLab and code branching principles.
- Outstanding experience with build and release process and associated tools – building CI and deployment pipelines and hands-on knowledge of applicable tools chain such as Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity, Azure DevOps or like build orchestration tools, Artifactory, GitHub, GitLab, SonarCube, Coverity or similar.
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code tools (such as Terraform, Scalr, Ansible, Chef/Puppet).
- Strong experience in automation and one of scripting language such as Python, Ruby or similar.
- Experience with container and container management technologies (Docker, Swarm, Nomad, Packer).
- Experience with build management tools such as Maven, ANT, or Gradle.
- Solid knowledge of cloud architecture and experience with using a broad range of cloud technologies (such as AWS/Azure/GCP)
If you are DevOps Engineer looking to take ownership and the chance to install a DevOps culture within a large organisation, then please apply now.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job