Director of Compliance & Risk
LocationBelfast, County Antrim
Date Posted21 July, 2023
Director of Compliance & Risk
Abacus Careers are delighted to be assisting our client for the position of Director of Compliance and Risk.
This is a great opportunity to work with a market leader that has built a strong reputation over the years. Our client boasts an excellent employer brand, an unprecedented reputation for service delivery and a first class level client base.
Widely recognised as a leading law firm in this area, you will also be able to demonstrate your ability to manage client relationships professionally and focus on delivering an excellent quality level of service.
- Effective Regulatory Compliance- Providing advice and guidance on legal and regulatory issues, researching and drafting responses to queries from Fee Earners on issues ranging from AML queries, data protection queries, compliance with LSNI/other regulatory requirements.
- Risk Management- Maintaining Risk Register, conducting Firm wide Risk Assessments for AML, CTF, Modern Anti-Slavery, Bribery & Corruption, risk review of contracts with clients and suppliers, identifying legal risk and implementing measures to reduce and/or manage risk.
- Management of complaints and PI Claims- Helping to manage complaints and PI litigation files including file review, preparing documents for disclosure to panel law firm, advising Equity Partners on options and next steps.
- Ethical business decisions- The ethical issues which impact on the firm (and are important to our clients) must form part or our strategic decision making. Providing advice on issues including sustainability, transparency, anti-bribery and corruption, Criminal Finances Act, Modern Anti-Slavery and conflicts of interest.
- Driving forward change-Dealing with other business support heads (Finance, HR, IT) and partners to identify areas for improvement and to drive forward change/projects, supporting new lines of business. Providing input into business and strategic decisions from a compliance perspective;
- Conflict checking- Chairing conflict queries to be dealt with by the Risk and Compliance Team and arranging for a Committee of three Equity Partners to determine when a resolution cannot be reached. Providing training on conflicts of interest
- Managing the firm’s risk and incident registers;
- Conducting regular reviews of the firm’s risk and quality compliance policies and procedures and ensure that reviews take place within the appropriate time period;
- Assisting with ISO and other quality accreditation schemes;
- Ensuring compliance with the firm’s onboarding process;
- Previous experience working in a role in Risk and Compliance within a Professional Services setting, such as a Law Firm, Financial Services, Banking or Accountancy
- You will demonstrate understanding of the SRA handbook and AML would be essential
- Knowledge of ISO9001 is advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to set and manage key stakeholder expectations
- Experience in analysing and drafting regulatory plans, policies, procedures and controls.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with internal stakeholders, regulators, and external auditors.
Excellent basic salary on offer and great reward package!!
Nicky Strutt – for a more detailed job spec
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job
Other Jobs you may like
Banking and Finance
Customer Service Representative
£23500 - £25000
25 September, 2023