Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 23/07/2020
Abacus Careers are currently seeking to speak with experienced analysts with commercial experience to join a leading Utilities company who are growing from strength to strength, the role is based in Belfast and a fantastic opportunity for a bright, analytical who has experience working with complex modelling tools, managing large data sets and analysing large volumes of data to identify anomalies and trends.
In your new role your duties will include:
- Ad hoc business activities and projects as they arise.
- Analysing and reporting wholesale energy market prices and competitor retail activity
- Core pricing tasks such as pricing retail customers, reporting and the development of pricing models and associated IT systems
- Develop relationships across multiple offices such as the Sales & Billing teams
- Managing the customer contract information database
- Obtained a minimum of a second class degree, preferably upper-division, in a discipline with a high level of numerical or financial content e.g. Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Engineering, Finance, Economics, etc. In the absence of a degree at this level,applicants must be able to demonstrate experience in data analytics, drawing conclusions and presenting findings in a clear and concise manner.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a commercial environment
- Excellent numeric and analytic skills gained through experience of working with complex modelling tools, managing large data sets and analysing large volumes of data to identify anomalies and trends.
- The ability to plan, organise and complete a number of projects or assignments simultaneously and to tight deadlines.
- The ability to pick up complex ideas and learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the wholesale and retail energy markets in Ireland or related markets, including market change, the design and operation of energy markets (I-SEM, wholesale and retail markets)
- Detailed knowledge of the pricing function including customer pricing, margin analysis and developing pricing models and systems. Pricing experience in a utility business would be particularly desirable.
- Experience of MS Access or other database packages and an understanding of SQL.
- Previous experience of working on and/or leading projects and interacting with external vendors
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.