Head of Commercial
Salary£70000.00 - £80000.00
Date Posted15 February, 2021
Are you an experienced senior manager with excellent commercial acumen?
Do you have good knowledge of public sector infrastructure & processes?
Would you like to work for a leading company with excellent career opportunities?
We have a newly created role that will offer a fantastic remuneration package as well as career development. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
Our client is a large business that is growing significantly throughout Northern Ireland. Following huge investment, they are looking to increase their headcount in 2021 and have identified a number of key strategic hires. With their recent successes and business growth, the business is looking to appoint a Head of Commercial that will help the company grow further and offer much more to their customers.
Reporting directly to the Commercial and Programme Director, the Commercial Solution lead will be responsible for developing solutions and commercial propositions that increase the business coverage
- Work to establish the business case for investment in the areas that the business can develop their customer base
- Consider a business case that will help with the company investment and growth by strategically assessing the opportunities throughout NI.
- Work throughout the organisation to receive the inputs required to include but limited to the modelling, technical and build departments.
- Develop a business unit that will design and execute the business plan and identify the additional headcount requirement that will work to deliver the project.
- Take the lead in co-ordinating Bid and Solutions for the business on any future intervention planned by the government in the identified areas.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with internal departments. Work closely with the PMO, design and finance teams.
- Look to develop the public sector infrastructure by identifying opportunities in public funded programmes
- Develop strategies to help grow the customer base through the key projects the business has in place
- A strong academic track record
- 3+ years of experience with developing commercial solution propositions
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability and experience in identifying and executing commercial solutions to improve business case outcomes
- Independent/self-starter, proactive and hard working
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Good knowledge of MSOffice (pivot tables in Excel, documents review tools in Word)
- Strong sense of values, ethics and confidentiality, for dealing with sensitive information.
- Ability to identify network growth opportunities to maximise business reach
- Ability to articulate positions and resolve contractual issues disputes
- Ability to contribute effective, value-add contracting advice to internal business clients and to guide and direct internal clients in comprehending and interpreting business contract requirements
- 3rd level education in a relevant field preferred
- Experience in telecoms or infrastructure related projects
- Experience of working public funded programmes
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job