Location: County Down
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 09/08/2019
Do you have exceptional leadership experience within a transport / logistics environment?
Are you an experienced leader with the ability to manage multi million pound budgets within a global export / import business?
Would you like to work for a leading local business with excellent career opportunities?
We have a very exciting role to join a very successful business as they expand their leadership team. If interested or would like to discuss further, call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
To lead and develop the Company’s supply chain and logistics infrastructure. The successful candidate will lead a team of circa 30+ staff across Logistics, Stores and Procurement. We are seeking an exceptional leader who has a strong commercial and operational acumen.
To develop and implement a Supply Chain / Logistics strategy which will benefit from increased interdepartmental communications with the aim of ensuring cost effectiveness, departmental efficiency and high standards of customer service, whilst ensuring legal and regulatory compliance.
- Lead and develop the Logistics, Stores and Procurement departments to include, but not limited to ensuring the following to meet contractual demands:
- the cost effectiveness, quality, availability and suitability for purpose of purchased materials
- the efficient storage, availability and classification of required stock
- the seamless, timely and compliant transportation of all incoming and outgoing materials and products
- Effectively manage and provide guidance to the Logistics Manager, Purchasing Manager and Stores Manager
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance to include adopting and amending Company processes and documentation to assist with compliance
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure full commercial awareness of the Company and your Department’s input, and put in place measures to benefit interdepartmental communication and cost effectiveness
- Provide input into and have full awareness of the Business’s strategic objectives in particular in relation to your Department and monitor, coordinate, and communicate the progress of the strategic objectives
- Co-operate fully with external and internal audit teams
- Carry out individual staff performance reviews and address and identify training and development needs to be met in order to manage and improve standards within the Departments
- Set KPIs for team members and deliver on your pre-defined KPI’s on a timely basis
- Management of Departmental budgets
- On a timely basis and as directed report to the Contracts Director
- Business related higher level qualification or at least 10 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
- Management experience of a team dealing with Worldwide Import and Export shipments within a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of and experience dealing with Commodity Codes, Inland Revenue, VAT Deferment, End User Relief and EU Consolidation
- Experience managing stock to include monitoring stock levels and all stock classification
- Experience of Supply Chain management
- Experience of managing a multi- million pound budget
- Proven people management experience i.e. managing a team through effective use of performance reviews, coaching, training and disciplinary procedures as required
- Experience of contributing to the setting of a Company’s strategy and implementing measures to financially benefit the company
- Previous capacity planning experience
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and solve complex problems
- Analytically and mathematically minded to analyze data and create necessary reports
- Computer literate
- Influencing/ Negotiating skills
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.