Head of Training
Salary£50000.00 - £55000.00
Date Posted04 March, 2021
Are you an experienced training professional who has managed a training department?
Do you have experience in designing and implementing training programmes and initiatives?
Would you like to work for a leading financial services company as they grow their business locally?
We have a very exciting opportunity to join a global business as they wish to appoint a Head of Training. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Training Professional to join in the capacity of Head of Training in their Belfast Office.
The main purpose of this role is to lead, develop and manage the training and development needs for all employees to ensure a culture of high engagement and performance across the group.
This role is pivotal in supporting the delivery of the strategic priorities by ensuring the talent is well lead, well managed and has access to the development opportunities required to grow.
Experience within a Financial Services/Regulated environment would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Understand each individual business area’s requirements and collaborate with department heads to devise appropriate training
- Create bespoke training solutions (including digital and blended learning) by using design, delivery and analytics and then assess each programme by using appropriate KPIs for each business area
- Be agile and creative when training on ‘new to market’ services
- Collate customer and partner trends and feedback to drive future propositions and training needs
- Manage competing/conflicting priorities
- Manage the Quality & Training Manager to support & motivate the Training Team to deliver against operational objectives
- Support the scoping of proposals and projects and manage the time spent by yourself and the team against these projects effectively.
- CIPD Level 5 Qualified within Learning & Development
- Able to work independently with high levels of ambiguity and do not require constant supervision
- Comfortable managing various stakeholders across the business and have good influencing skills when required
- Familiar with `learning design theory’ and `collective and social learning theory’
- Able to source, create and facilitate experiential learning (including leadership and interpersonal skills) for senior colleagues
- Able to curate and create innovative learning programmes including virtual, social and micro-learning
- An advocate for a culture of continuous improvement and feedback and can embed T&C frameworks within a sales and service environment to support this culture
- Strategically minded with the ability to lead on medium-sized projects and support colleagues on the delivery of more complex briefs.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job