Health and Safety Officer
Salary£25000 - £30000
Date Posted10 June, 2021
Are you a Health & Safety professional who wants to be part of a successful team?
Do you have strong auditing and reporting skills?
Would you like to work for a leading company with excellent development opportunities?
We have a very exciting role with a leading business as they look to appoint a health & safety professional to their team. if interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
About the Company
Our client is one of the UK & Irelands leading logistics providers. With 600 employees, they work across a wide variety of industry sectors; being the trusted logistics provider for many of Irelands, the UK’s and Europe’s leading manufacturers, retailers, and distributors.
Reporting to the HSQE Manager this role supports the Health, Safety Quality and Environmental standards across the Group. You will liaise with directors, managers and staff providing an advisory service to ensure compliance to all.
The successful applicant will be self-motivated with the ability to identify new opportunities, have the ability to prioritise workload and demonstrate excellent attention to detail. They will be experienced in HSQE management systems and procedures with excellent analytical, report writing and presentation skills.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the documentation and management of HSQE policies, procedures, regulations and legislation.
- Support the HSQE Manager, Group Companies & Departments in the review & creating of quality, health and safety and environment documentation, such as quality procedures, risk assessments, COSHH assessments and environmental aspects and impacts.
- Carrying out HSQE audits and inspections across the Group’s locations.
- Assist with the provision of HSQE awareness programs to staff through training and briefings.
- Dealing with HSQE enquiries from internal and external sources.
- Participate in the investigating of accidents and near misses.
- Undertake random spot checks across the Group.
- Travel to group locations and customer sites in GB & Ireland as needed.
- Experience working to ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001 standards
- Hold NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent or be actively working towards achievement of the qualification.
- 2 years experience of working within a similar role.
- Previous experience in HSQE Management systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of current HSQE legislation.
- Market leading remuneration package on offer.
- Role specific learning and development
- You will be joining a strong, enthusiastic, and supportive team.
Working hours: Monday to Friday – 8.45am to 5.00pm
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Arrange a Callback
Get a call back from one of our agents for more information about this job
Share this job