Health & Safety Officer
Date Posted22 October, 2020
The Abacus Group is currently assisting our County Tyrone based client, as they seek to appoint a Health & Safety Officer to join their team at a very busy time.
The successful candidate will be working alongside the Health and Safety Manager to ensure compliance on site and across their various sites in NI. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to progress and become a part of the consistent growth the company is experiencing.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, the Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for undertaking duties covering all aspects of Health and Safety in the work place, including assisting with:
- The development/implementation of the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Management systems across all sites;
- Conducting and updating risk assessments;
- Ensuring that employees and contractors are compliant with all Health and Safety Legislation (NI and ROI);
- Providing advice on Health and Safety matters to both managers and employees;
- Health and Safety investigations of accidents and near misses;
- Preparation of monthly Health and Safety reports and collating Health and Safety statistics;
- Conducting site inspections and providing training to employees;
- Ensuring that our contractors’ codes of practice are up to date and adhered to by all employees and contractors.
- At least two years’ experience in a Health and Safety role;
- Working knowledge and experience of implementing and managing hazard identification and risk management processes;
- Knowledge of both NI and ROI Health and Safety legislation;
- Previous experience of managing Health and Safety investigations;
- Experience of managing and implementing Health and Safety management systems;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- The ability to work on their own initiative within a dynamic work environment;
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong eye for detail;
- A Driving license and access to their own transport;
- A 3rd level qualification in a related discipline is desirable, as is a NEBOSH General Certificate.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job