Health & Safety Officer
Date Posted11 August, 2020
Are you an experienced health & safety professional with a background in a production environment?
Do you have a NEBOSH general certificate?
Would you like to work for a leading local business with excellent career opportunities?
We have a very exciting opportunity with a growing business as they looking to grow their health & safety department. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering and maintaining a positive Health and Safety culture, assisting with the implementation of the Company’s Safety, Health, Environmental, and Quality Policies and procedures. As this Company places significant emphasis on investing in its people the role will be ideal for a candidate with SHEQ experience who is looking to grow and develop within this field.
- Assist in ensuring that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Assist the SHEQ Director with the development and regular review of SHEQ Policies, Risk Assessments and Method Statements for all work equipment and operations.
- Assist with ongoing development and administration of ISO accreditations.
- Facilitate and deliver new employee induction programmes.
- Assist in ensuring that all accidents and incidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Carry out regular inspections within workshop and on projects.
- Ensure health and safety training records for all staff are maintained and arrange training as necessary.
- Work with Contract Managers to ensure project specific health and safety arrangements are satisfactory
- Assist with the SHEQ Committee arrangements ensuring that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Membership of the Company Health and Wellbeing committee and SHEQ committee
- Travelling off site to work on projects worldwide, for a period of time, as and when required.
- All other roles as reasonably requested by Management
- You will effectively use your ability to work alone and as a team player and contributor.
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- At least 2 years working in a production environment in a SHEQ related role
- Excellent observational, organizational and communications skills.
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- 3rd Level Qualification in Health, Safety or Construction area.
- Previous experience in Construction or Manufacturing industry.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job