HR Business Partner – Supply Chain
Salary£38000.00 - £43000.00
Date Posted15 April, 2021
Are you an experienced HR professional with an extensive background in IR?
Do you have experience of dealing with Trade Unions and working closely with senior management?
Would you like to work for a Top 100 company with excellent remuneration on offer?
We have a very exciting role to join a leading Irish business as they look to appoint an HR professional to manage their supply chain division. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
As HR Business Partner, you will partner with the Supply Chain teams across three sites to proactively provide the full range of HR services that enable the teams to achieve their business objectives and ensure effective people management practices are in place.
You will support the development of a positive and engaging culture and environment across the sites, working with the Management Teams and colleagues to deliver appropriate organisational initiatives and change programmes. You will provide support to managers on all people policies and practices ensuring best practice across the business.
HR Business Partner Support
- Provide HR business support to the Supply Chain Management Teams as the HR lead for NI Supply Chain. This will include working with, coaching and supporting the management team on all people and HR related matters such as culture development, engagement, development, employee relations, industrial relations, performance management, succession etc.
- Work with the Supply Chain teams to facilitate, measure and continually improve team effectiveness and motivation, people management practices and processes and advise on actions/initiatives to enhance these.
- Work with the management team to promote and ensure effective use of engagement and communication processes/mechanisms and provide proactive input for improvement in this area to support the development of a positive and engaging culture and environment for all colleagues.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on the application of HR policies. best practice, employment law and IR.
- Advise managers in relation to employee relations matters including all HR processes.
- Manage Employment Tribunal process where required
- Be a resource to individual employees as appropriate: provide advice and support as required, facilitate problem solving, be point of contact.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with union representatives to foster positive culture, ensure issues are managed effectively and ensure business objectives are delivered.
- Lead and support union engagements in IR issues, pay etc as required.
- Provide support for HR wide initiatives and lead network wide HR projects as required.
Resourcing, Budgets & Payroll
- Work with the Supply Chain Management Teams to ensure resource needs are identified and met.
- Work with the Resourcing COE to support recruitment activities (interviewing, onboarding support)
- Work with the Finance team to review the payroll budgets for all departments
- Review and approve weekly and salaried payroll ensuring accurate payments and processes and legislative changes are being followed e.g. National Minimum Wage increases
- Lead the team to ensure that they have the skill sets, resources and support needed to deliver in their roles, achieve objectives and operate in a manner consistent with our values.
- Ensure appropriate performance review, development and succession management systems are operating effectively to develop and retain the requisite skilled resources to meet current and future business needs.
- Set team objectives, review and provide feedback on performance on an ongoing
successful candidate will be/have:
- 5+ years’ experience in a progressive HR Manager/Business Partner role in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years’ experience of a managing an IR environment, supporting resolution of IR/ER issues, managing relations with unions and managing union engagements.
- A third level qualification in Business, HR or related subject
- Working knowledge of employment legislation with the ability to confidently and competently advise on same.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills with the ability to interact and influence effectively at all levels across the business and to get things done.
- Strong coaching skills with the ability to build strong relationships and build trust with a variety of stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven project management skills with experience managing change programmes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and deliver high quality results.
- A team player with proven resilience and ability to adapt to change.
- Full driving license
- CIPD membership
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job