Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 13/12/2019
Are you an experienced HR professional with a background in professional services?
Do you have strong technical competencies in all HR disciplines?
Would you like to work for a leading company with excellent career opportunities?
We have a very exciting role with one of our most prestigious clients as they grow their HR function locally. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
The role will support the Heads of HR in the provision of strategic and transactional advice to the large population that you will be responsible for. This will be approximately 150 staff. You will provide support and act as a trusted adviser to senior management.
Develop and manage effective working relationships with the key stakeholders.
Work closely with the Heads of HR and the Central HR teams to implement a HR strategy for the business
- Contribution to the strategic planning process
- Implementation of talent and succession plans
- Facilitation of the Group’s culture through HR initiatives
- Support of the leadership to drive a high performance culture
- Advising in all HR matters (particularly in relation to risk and cost) related to the management of those businesses
- Advising on HR matters related to the recruitment, development and retention of individuals within the departments and facilitating issue resolution through the Central ER teams
- Identification and proactive resolution of group issues/ themes
- Supporting senior management teams to deliver effective staff management processes and messages
- Ensuring that development outcomes arising from check-ins are assessed and actioned.
- Responsible for the successful implementation of the salary and bonus review process including
- Analysis and action planning following the annual engagement survey
- Working with the finance team to supply data for the budgeting and resource planning process
- Responsibility for agreeing client secondments, international assignments, career breaks and other periods of unpaid leave and flexible working arrangements
- Undertaking exit interviews, analysing feedback and responding as appropriate.
- Support management to influence the development of performance , recognition and reward policies and programmes for the benefit of the team and advising on local implementation
- Provide support/cover for other members of the HR Belfast team and take part in office related HR initiatives as well as group-wide projects
- Graduate Qualification with CIPD or similar certification
- Technical competence in all aspects of employment law, compliance practices and policies with significant HR experience
- Will have worked successfully as an HR practitioner in a corporate, finance, professional services, consultancy or law firm (legal experience would be a particular benefit)
- Excellent track record of working with senior management within a complex international organization
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to influence strategic thinking/direction through creative and pragmatic issue resolution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the partner and senior lawyers by developing strong client relationships
- Collaborative team player with the ability to nurture and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
- High energy individual who enjoys both the operational and strategic sides of this role and shows great flexibility
- Resilient; able to understand that credibility has to be earned in this environment and may take time
- A person of sound judgement, able to establish a high level of credibility in the organisation and act as a trusted advisor to Management
- Ability to deal sensitively with difficult issues and personalities.
- Flexibility to travel when the need arises (principally between Belfast and London)
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.