Information Security Engineer
Date Posted12 October, 2020
I am working with a global payment solutions organisation, who are looking for an Information Security Engineer, to work closely with Tech, Business and Engineering teams.
The right candidate will be responsible for monitoring and enforcing information security standards. This position also requires contribution to the company’s information security strategies. The incumbent will serve as an expert advisor to management in the development, implementation, and maintenance of a global information security infrastructure.
- Implement and support key information security program priorities, initiatives, plans, practices, and tools.
- Contribute to information security project plans and be responsible for delivery of components such projects.
- Provide and implement guidance or recommendations regarding controls that mitigate risks, strengthen defences, and reduce vulnerabilities.
- Maintain and contribute to comprehensive information security standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Conduct threat and vulnerability assessments to properly analyse the risks to information security and determine appropriate measures to manage those risks effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. Experience in the credit card acquiring/processing industry is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in Information Security within enterprise environments.
- Security/Networking certifications (i.e., CISSP, CISM, GIAC, CCNA).
- Understanding and awareness of the Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards (PCI DSS) and the payment application data security standards (PA DSS) as well as experienced in the implementation of controls to mitigate PCI issues.
- Extensive experience and in-depth working knowledge across multiple technical disciplines including one or more of the following; IDS/IPS, Firewalls, SIEM, Enterprise Anti-Malware solutions, DLP, Vulnerability Assessment tools, Technology Compliance tools, FIM.
- Expertise with tools and processes used in security incident detection and handling.
- Expertise with security event analysis and intrusion detection (IDS/IPS Incident response – triage, incident analysis, remediation).
Please apply now if this role matches your experience and expectations moving forward.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job