Insurance Advisor – Downpatrick
Salary£22000 - £22000
Date Posted05 July, 2021
INSURANCE ADVISOR – Downpatrick
A great opportunity has come on for an Insurance Advisor based in County Down. Our client has been on the market for over 50 years, priding themselves on their service and long-standing relationships with their customers which is one of the main reasons they have remained in demand.
Salary and Benefits
Negotiable (depending on experience)
What you will do
- Required to service inbound calls from existing customers who are enquiring about their personal insurance policies and to thoroughly explain what is covered by their product along with any significant exclusions.
- Complete the task of “Fact Finding” to identify client requirements and ensure adequate quotations are provided as well as the most competitive rates for the cover required are discussed.
- Issue invoices and policy documents providing full details of cover, and Terms of Business.
- Always ensure a high level of accuracy as you will be responsible for administrating New Business, Renewals, Mid-term adjustments and claims.
- Requirement to operate our client’s bespoke computer system as all communications and changes will be made via this.
- Prompt response to all customer enquiries via both telephone and email including actioning renewals 4-6 weeks prior to renewal date.
- Other duties and responsibilities as and when required by the Directors.
Overall, you will demonstrate a high level of customer care as retention of customers is key and therefore it is expected that an outstanding service is delivered with all interactions.
You will need to have prior experience working in an insurance environment in a sales or customer advisory role. It is expected that you will come from a multi-skilled insurance background with experience across home, motor and household insurance.
It is essential that you have prior experience working with Open GI software in conjunction with being proficient in computer usage and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will also be self-motivated with the passion and enthusiasm to work within a demanding environment. You will have the ability to work well in a team under minimal supervision whilst consistently delivering results and providing a quality customer service.
The desirable candidate will be Cert II qualified or have a willingness to work towards.
If this sounds like the job for you…
Contact Nicky Strutt at Abacus Careers on (028) 90 313157 for a further chat or email your CV for a confidential career discussion.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Arrange a Callback
Get a call back from one of our agents for more information about this job
Share this job