Intermediate Test Engineer – Remote Working
LocationWork From Home
Salary£30000.00 - £40000.00
Date Posted19 August, 2020
My client is a US based FinTech leader who are outperforming the competition across all realms and with a £10 million investment and two local well-known technologists at the helm, they show absolutely no signs of slowing down.
Due to this success, they are now seeking an experienced, intermediate level Test Engineer who will design and execute testing scenarios for both new and existing projects. A deep analytical and technical mind is required, along with an ability to understand how all pieces fit together. The right individual must have proven experience testing enterprise-class systems. Their brand new office will be situated in Derry/Londonderry, but the role will be fully remote. The office is there if you want it, but other than that you’re free to work from wherever is most comfortable.
- Develop new and novel testing strategies from a user (e.g., Merchant, Consumer, Partner, etc.) point of view for both functional and non-functional requirements
- From requirement specifications, develop test plans/cases within a Lean/Agile Software Development framework – define methodologies, pass/fail criteria, risk assessment, and assumptions
- Comprehend user stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of testing (unit, functional, integration, and regression)
- Perform ad hoc / exploratory / user-acceptance testing methodically to ensure products are working as expected
- Conduct regression/integration testing as release moves through different environments before Production deployment
- Highlight and identify any testing gaps found through regression testing and working with Test / Engineering teams to resolve them
- Take on an Automation-First mentality in all pursuits – only leveraging manual oriented methods when called for
- All other duties as required by the role
- 3 years minimum in an Test Engineering position
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Coding or scripting experience a plus
- Demonstrated use of (BDD/TDD) frameworks (e.g., JUnit/JBehave, Cucumber, etc.)
- Experience in regression testing as releases move through different environments
- Experience in testing Web Services, Web UI, and APIs
- Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts, and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover)
- £500 towards your home setup & £50 per month towards your utility bills
- Fully remote
- The most exciting technical challenge of your life
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job