Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 06/07/2020
Investment Consultant – Manchester
We are looking for an Investment Consultant that will excel in this advisory role and were you will get the opportunity to work with one of the biggest, best and most innovative Pension Groups in the UK. This requires excellent communication skills, a passion about investments together with drive and enthusiasm. You will be keen to build new relationships with potential new clients and develop these to hopefully become clients.
We want someone who is unafraid to express a view and can express their view clearly, thereby contributing to the investment ideas we rely on to achieve our aims. You’ll be expected to contribute to the ongoing debate we have about what we’re doing with our clients, thereby helping influence our future direction.
You will also be passionate about developing the team to be the best they can be, unlocking the potential of team members and shape the direction in which we head.
Main duties and responsibilities
Being responsible for all aspects of the management of a portfolio clients:
- Building really strong relationships with our clients and working with trustees or companies to help solve their investment/risk management challenges;
- Designing innovative investment strategies including growth portfolio design, liability hedging portfolios and cash flowing matching portfolios;
- Leading the delivery of advice at client meetings and helping clients decide what action to take;
- Working within the Investment Consulting team to ensure our advice is produced to the highest quality;
- Leading research teams to undertake research into new consulting ideas and investment manager products in order to help to solve our client’s problems;
- Support new business activities including production of tender submissions and attendance at pitches to articulate our proposition. Potentially to identify and pursue new business opportunities, in addition;
- Mentor and coach junior members of team to develop the skills to help them realise their potential.
Your Skills and Experience
- Passionate about investments and investing
- Strong desire to accelerate the development of other team members
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Commitment to client service
- Direct experience of providing investment consultancy to UK pension schemes
- Ability to identify fee generating opportunities
- Ability to work with scheme actuaries and benefit consultants
- Desire to contribute to idea generation and the confidence to express a view
- Currently certified under the SMCR and/or previously CF30 authorised by the FCA to give investment advice or close to achieving this status
- Ability to work in a team towards targets
- Experience of new business tender responses and pitching
- Appetite to get involved in new business origination
We offer an attractive reward package, typical benefits can include:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle
- Life Assurance cover
- Company Rewards (offers discounts and savings from retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
- Interest free season ticket loan
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.