IT Application Support Analyst
Salary£35000.00 - £45000.00
Date Posted01 September, 2020
The Abacus Group is currently assisting our global specialist client, as they seek to appoint an IT Application Support Analyst to join their team in Newry.
This company is well known for its innovation, excellence, and customer value which they believe is a direct result of the expertise that their team brings to the table. They have a clear business strategy in place, and the successful candidate will play an important part in the implementation of this plan. They invest heavily in their workforce so this is an exciting opportunity if you are ready for the next step to develop your career.
- Lead transformation of legacy applications to modern development platforms – in line with the company Digital Transformation Strategy
- Development and support of document management and automated workflow solutions
- Support of legacy applications to end-of-life
- Support for data migration, data integration and data validation
- Development and support of systems integration solutions
- Provide IT application support through effective incident, service request, problem and change management to end-users at agreed service levels
- Maintain an effective IT operations environment by carrying out planned and remedial work as needed to maintain the defined service levels
- Support the implementation and delivery of new IT applications and minor changes / enhancements to existing IT systems in a specific systems development domain (Microsoft Technologies)
- BSC in Computer Science, Information Technology or related subject(s) and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of developing and supporting solutions using MS-SharePoint, MS-SQL, MS-Access / Visual Basic – OR equivalent development technologies such MS.Net / Visual Studio, MS Power Platform
- Knowledge of Visual Studio, MS.Net, Microsoft Power Platform Technologies, Microsoft Server Platforms, Active Directory is desirable
- Knowledge and experience of Business Intelligence and Reporting Solutions (e.g. Qlikview) is desirable
- Demonstrates excellent inter-personal skills and confidence dealing with end-users;
- Good communication, time management and organisational skills;
- Good MS-Office (Word / Excel / Project) proficiency.
- Join an industry leader
- 30 days annual leave
- Free on site car parking
- Career development
- Health care plan & much more
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job