IT Project Manager/BA – Newry
Salary£45000.00 - £45000.00
Date Posted08 April, 2021
IT Project Manager – Newry
Abacus Recruitment have been retained by one of Northern Ireland’s leading firms to recruit an IT Project Manager for their global operation. You will get the opportunity to work on a wide range of medium to large scale IT Projects that will have a significant impact on company innovation and success.
- Establish and communicate project goals and direct project team activities including initiation, execution, monitoring, controlling and closing of the project to deliver the expected business benefits.
- Manages the relationship or interface between IT and nominated business stakeholders ensuring IT activities are fully aligned with business priorities.
- Represents IT in stakeholder team meetings as needed ensuring any IT related business dependencies are understood and managed effectively.
- Manage the scope, time (schedule), cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk and procurement activities for the project.
- Look outside of project boundaries for integration and interdependencies where necessary to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Ensure appropriate governance processes are in place to monitor and control the project.
- Consistently apply agreed project management standards and methodologies to assigned projects.
- Report progress of the project and incorporate feedback from all stakeholders.
- Identify, monitor and control the interdependencies between activities and deliverables within
- the project.
- Proactively identify and manage risks and issues pertaining to the project.
- Identify the project’s financial sources and resources and manage the budget and control costs for the project.
- Track the progress of project activities and deliverables to project benefits.
- Demonstrable previous experience to a senior level
- Typically 5+ years experience in multiple IT areas with 2-3 years relevant project management experience.
- Experience using project management methodologies- PMI/Prince 2/Six Sigma etc
- Ability to work with third party IT service providers.
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology or related subject(s) or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent market leading basic salary and benefits package for a role at this level
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job