IT Support Engineer
Date Posted23 October, 2020
A Belfast based MSP are looking for an IT Support Engineer to come on board and provide day to day technical support to the growing client base. This will include help desk call handling, remote and on-site support, installations, and project management.
The right person will have at least 3-5 years’ experience across Windows Servers, Office 365, VMware and Hyper-V.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Providing remote and onsite support for clients, working to a fixed SLA.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems and providing assistance in troubleshooting network problems, including front line troubleshooting for some specialist applications.
- Respond to faults and service requests notified by the service desk system, use the system to track progress in problem resolution and provide reports on all jobs.
- Assisting in client support activities to include, answering the telephone, responding to emails.
- Using the service desk system to track queries and following procedures for resource allocation, peripheral support, sales and distribution of software etc.
- Coordinating as necessary the solution of problems on behalf of the client i.e. liaising with other staff members within the organisation, external suppliers etc.
- Demonstrating an understanding of business, its customers, competitors and the business impact of their actions and proposals.
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties as directed by the directors in support of activities.
- A degree or equivalent 3rdlevel IT qualification or relevant industry experience
- Microsoft or IT Industry certifications
- Working experience within an IT department or Managed Services business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working under pressure to client targets
- Hold a clean driving licence and have use of a car
Please apply now if you are looking for your next Support role!
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job