Location: County Armagh
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Date Posted: 05/08/2020
The Abacus Group is currently assisting our global specialist client, as they seek to appoint an IT System Support Analyst to join their team in Newry.
My client is ranked in the top 15 companies in NI, and in their field globally, supplying their products to over 120 countries across the world. They have a clear business strategy in place, and the successful candidate will play an important part in the implementation of this plan.
- Manage all incidents, problems, service requests and change requests that are allocated to them to the agreed service level.
- Escalate unresolved incidents, problems, service requests and change requests to the Senior IT Systems Support Analyst or IT Service Delivery Manager.
- Support IT Service Analysts by providing second and third line support and liaising with third parties as needed.
- Monitor critical IT services to ensure events are pro-actively managed and service downtime minimised.
- Provide advice and guidance to users around IT service use and adoption to ensure positive user outcomes.
- Build a good working knowledge of the IT environment in order to achieve higher levels of first time fix.
- Develop and maintain support documentation including knowledge base and configuration documentation following agreed procedures.
- Support service improvement efforts to improve day-to-day service performance and IT responsiveness to end-users
- Support the development and implementation of new IT systems and the successful delivery of technical changes and enhancements to existing IT systems.
- Complete all work in accordance with GxP requirements (GMP, GLP, GCP and GPvP) and any required standards using the appropriate SOPs, methods and tools.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by management.
- BSC in Computer Science, Information Technology or related subject(s) and at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or pharmaceutical or a regulated environment would be advantageous
- Experience in system development
- Experience working with third party IT service providers.
- Good Knowledge of MS-Access, MS-Sharepoint, MS-SQL, .Net, or Qlikview solutions development technologies is essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server Platforms, Active Directory, LAN/WAN, Virtualisation (VMWare / Citrix ZenApp) and Backup (Symantec BackupExec / Veeam) Technologies would be advantageous
- Knowledge of CRM, SCM, ERP, MES or LIMS systems
- Join an industry leader
- 30 days annual leave
- Free on site car parking
- Career development
- Health care plan & much more
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.