Junior Category Manager
Salary£20000.00 - £25000.00
Date Posted18 February, 2021
Are you a buyer with good commercial contract negotiation skills?
Do you have the ability to manage procurement activities in a fast paced professional environment?
Would you like to work for a global company with excellent career opportunities?
We have a very exciting role with a leading employer as they look to grow their Procurement team. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
Our client is a global leader in their field. Setting up their Belfast office in the past five year, they have grown significantly and added to their procurement function. Our client holds values and respect at the centre of the operations and want to employ like-minded professionals in their team.
This role reports to the Global Head of Procurement – IT and Telecoms and will together with the Category Manager team manage procurement activities across a range of spend areas including but not limited to:
- Support and input to the category strategy development across a range of spend areas including e.g. Infra, and ADM spend categories which provide a sustainable basis to generate savings, cost avoidance and benefits to the business.
- Improving and refining the internal processes and controls.
- Contributing and participating in all relevant governance reviews. (Weekly deal governance, supplier governance)
- Together with the Category manager execute the Strategic Sourcing strategy across spend categories, working closely with the relevant stakeholders and budget owners. This includes e.g. supporting larger sourcing projects, manage and deliver processes independently and lead renewal negotiations.
- Develop relationships at all levels across the organisation, with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver agreed cost savings objectives
- Support the ongoing development of a best in class procurement function, executing projects in line with processes and expected high quality standards
- Experience of commercial contract negotiations and category strategy delivery
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Demonstrable record of delivering savings and value for money
- Experience and demonstrated ability to formulate, communicate and execute a strategic plan.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job