Location: County Tyrone
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 05/11/2019
This is an excellent opportunity for a junior or graduate candidate to join a busy and successful team, providing support to the H&S Manager on site.
- Assist in the production, development and monitoring of H&S policies and procedures across a multi-site organisation
- Ensure compliance with all relevant H&S legislation and standards
- Carry out Health and Safety audits, inspections and investigations and reporting findings to the Health and Safety Manager and Site / Departmental Managers
- Carry out risk assessments and report the findings to relevant parties
- Deliver inductions and preliminary training for new staff / external contractors
- Working with staff to develop, support, encourage and embed a positive culture towards excellence in all H&S matters
- Prepare and provide reports as required, and update the H&S Management system
- Ideally educated to degree level in any discipline
- NEBOSH General Certificate or degree related to Health and Safety is preferable
- Experience working in the food manufacturing industry is desirable
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral and excellent organisational skills
- Willingness to train and be developed as you progress in the role
- Full driving license and access to a car as you will be required to travel to other sites
- Positive and proactive professional approach to safety
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.