10th March 2020
Location: County Down Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 10/03/2020
Are you an experienced Lab Manager with the ability to run a fast paced testing facility?
Do you have strong people management skills and possess a relevant degree?
Would you like to work for a leading company with excellent career opportunities?
We have a very exciting role to join a well established business as they look to develop their business further. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
* Development and implementation of analytical procedures; evaluation of laboratory information; reporting results according to internal protocols mandated by the Head of Quality
* Maintain laboratory equipment and performance by establishing and adhering to quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
* Organise and maintain laboratory supplies inventory
* Maintain laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas
* Maintain quality results by performing proficiency surveys; reviewing quality control and quality assurance programs; make adjustments in policy and procedures; generating reports; maintaining records.
* Maintain laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; testing; writing user manuals; training employees; maintaining security and confidentiality.
* Implement new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals; developing and performing parallel testing; monitoring progress.
* Effective line management of laboratory employees to include- recruitment, induction, resource planning, performance management & provision of ongoing training & development.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by managing individual CPD
* Acting as the single point of contact for internal colleagues, external visitors and accreditation auditors
* BSc Biological Science or equivalent
* Previous experience in a lab management position
* Line management experience Personal Attributes/Skills
* Customer service focused with the ability to work collaboratively
* Outstanding communication skills
* Excellent problem-solving capabilities
* Ability to effectively manage operational processes
* Ability to report on and present technical information
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.