Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 03/03/2020
Our client is now looking to recruit Legal Counsel, reporting to the Managing Partner. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to play an active in overseeing and managing all legal matters on behalf of a leading, progressive and growing Firm.
The role is an internal facing position and the successful candidate will play a key role in supporting the firm’s day to day operations including:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with the Firm’s suppliers and clients
- Providing pragmatic advice to the Firm on legal and regulatory issues
- Assisting the Firm in complying with its Data Protection, AML and other legal and regulatory obligations
- Assisting in the management of the New Business Intake Unit in conjunction with the New Business Intake Compliance Officer
- General risk management for the Firm to include carrying out internal training on appropriate risk issues
- Active member of the Firm’s Risk Committee, and
- Development and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures to support the Firm in achieving its objectives
- 10+ years PQE as an Irish or other common law jurisdiction qualified solicitor or barrister (or equivalent)
- Excellent commercial awareness, communication and IT skills
- Proven ability to execute large organisational projects and deadlines
- Knowledge and experience of the operation of a large law firm would be beneficial. Some insight into the multiplicity of legal disciplines in large law firms would also assist. A good practical knowledge of contract law, data privacy law and business litigation and a proper understanding of the regulatory framework for solicitors in Ireland would be beneficial
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.