Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 14/02/2020
The Abacus Group is currently assisting our large professional services client with the recruitment of a Librarian to join their team in Belfast on a part time, permanent basis.
This is a senior position within the company, and the individual will work independently on contract management issues. The successful client will be expected to work seamlessly with the Resource Coordinator who works remotely, and to develop strong relationships across the Library teams. The post holder will also be expected to complete some library collection management tasks, in particular cataloguing and acquisitions. This role requires a flexible and creative individual, keen to contribute to the development of our procurement processes and approaches. Attributes of patience, humour and assertiveness are valued together with a personable manner and commitment to high quality service delivery.
- Liaise effectively between teams in the purchase of online products
- Negotiate and agree contractual terms relating to online purchases
- Negotiate and support other library staff in the negotiation of commercial terms relating to online purchases
- Liaise with Resource Coordinator and In House Lawyers to ensure contract terms are within company guidelines and consistently applied
- Agree and implement cost allocations and contribute to the ongoing development of these models
- Ensure the correct methodology is followed in support of purchases – namely business cases supporting recommendations and stakeholder approvals
- Work closely with Finance to ensure Library purchases are properly accounted for and processed
- Contribute to the ongoing management of the online budget
- Cataloguing and classifying print and electronic resources; maintaining and developing the cataloguing, classification and authority control lists including subject taxonomies; distributing items to all offices.
- Management of specialist collections
- Working with Practice Librarians and overseas contacts to ensure items are identified, ordered and distributed; ensuring the correct authorisations are obtained; negotiating multi-buy discounts with suppliers and updating library management system (LMS) records
- Compiling subject specific book/journal lists of current or prospective titles in response to internal and external client requests.
- Monitor the Library team phone and incoming mail using the Enquiry Management system, ensuring that enquiries, access and support requests are prioritised and resolved
- At least 3+ years’ experience in a similar position with responsibility for contract management within a library environment
- Experience of library processes and management, particularly cataloguing
- Creative and confident negotiation skills
- Strong communications skills: both in providing updates to the various stakeholders and in ensuring outcomes are clearly recorded
- Proactive and pragmatic in managing vendors and stakeholder expectations
- A good eye for detail and excellent time management
- Proven skills in the use of Excel and the creation and use of macros is critical
- Fluency in the use of automated library management systems (LMS), SharePoint, eBooks and journals is preferred
- Adaptable, resilient and flexible approach to work
- Have a team orientation at all levels
- Be enthusiastic about providing a service to our clients, both internal and external
- A professional, solutions oriented approach and a proactive ‘can do’ attitude
This is a permanent, part time position, 3 days a week, 22.5 hours, hours of work will be 9am to 5.30pm.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.