LocationBelfast, County Antrim
Salary£25000 - £26000
Date Posted22 August, 2022
At Abacus Professional Recruitment (Abacus) we believe that every member of the team must take individual responsibility to positively contribute to the achievement of corporate goals. As an organisation and individuals we will only achieve our goals if we:
- Display professionalism, integrity and honesty to each other, our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Start each day with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Celebrate small and big wins and inspire each other.
- Work smart and apply high levels of operational performance.
- Meet internal and external quality standards we have committed to.
- Continue to learn formally and informally and share our knowledge with colleagues.
Abacus in a highly innovative group of companies that aspire to deliver a best-in-class position in a variety of professional service sectors both within and beyond Northern Ireland.
As a Marketing Executive at Abacus you will play a key role in helping the company to achieve business plan goals. You will need to:
- Stay up to date with industry trends, best practice and marketing innovations in order to ensure that Abacus is gaining the commercial return from these adoptions.
- Be alert to changing situations, show flexibility in approach, adaptability in difficult circumstances and continuously strive to achieve a result.
- Create a positive and innovative atmosphere which encourages people to commit themselves to the task in hand and where necessary, go beyond the call of duty in order to achieve their key objectives.
- Remain confident when dealing with situations, convince others to have ideas and create new options, as well as encouraging and enthusing them to come up with imaginative solutions to difficult challenges.
- Help create a culture of continuous improvement and no blame.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning, management, execution and review of marketing events for Abacus Meet-Up Groups & BelfastforLife. Aim to exceed the expectations of attendees and provide an acceptable level of return on investment. Events can be defined as on-line webinars, webcasts, podcasts or similar and in-person attended events at locations across the UK and Ireland.
- Planning includes working with the marketing team to create interesting and engaging events that will exceed the expectations of all stakeholders. Working with the various Abacus teams in the creation of themes for events is central, as is securing guest speakers and contributos for participation. The resulting event promotion, positioning and measurement of advertising returns to its set budget is a major aspect. Advertising mediums can range from sponsorship to on-line adverts to magazine hard-copy.
- Manage all stakeholders such as attendees, contributors, facilitators and appointed suppliers to high standards that will ensure effective event delivery. By being the person in-charge of the event, you will aim to resolve any issues and reach satisfactory outcomes in all relating circumstances.
- Execute sound commercial judgement in relation to financial budgets, strategic partnerships and the brand identities under representation. Ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of PR communications emanating from events is a crucial consideration.
- Review all aspects of events after delivery and consistently seek to identify new ways to adopt improvements if possible.
Website and Social Media Management
- Follow the outline strategy to build the BelfastforLife and Meet-Up user communities and drive engagement therein.
- Take lead responsibility for the management and development of the BelfastforLife and Meet-Up websites. Ensure that users obtain a positive experience through rich and relevant content that is positioned in an easy to reference style.
- Manage the BelfastforLife and Meet-Up social media interactions through all platforms.
- Oversee the BelfastforLife and Meet-Up email marketing strategy in line with GDPR requirements.
- Take responsibility for delivery and monitoring of high levels of customer service to clients, candidates, colleagues and suppliers who engage with the sites.
- Help in the generation of testimonials, feedback, case studies and other content that is relevant and useful for the user groups.
- Maintain a detailed record of discussions and enquiries from site users making sure that consultant follow ups are undertaken to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Oversee regular on-line customer survey projects, collating results therefrom, taking action on results when necessary, recognising and publicising positive feedback, and bring statistics forward.
- Manage all aspects of the web domains and regularly review site performance, taking consistent steps to maximise optimisation from search engines.
- Be responsible to rectify any site issues (security, performance, ranking, downtime) through external suppliers to a satisfactory resolution.
Content creation and curation
- Through application of a range of marketing tactics you and your team will build loyal and engaged stakeholder communities that will be eager to digest your content. Ultimately, we seek to position Abacus and its team as thought leaders in the talent
- Assist with the creation of a range of collateral that will be circulated internally, externally via social media and in presentation documents to support events and initiatives. Typically including:
- Snapshot reports
- Animations (via 3rd parties)
- Video (via 3rd parties)
- Promotional content (basic)
- Survey results/summaries
- By liaising with operational team colleagues you will identify themes and topics to seek out commentary and opinion upon. Upon receiving the necessary input, you will work alongside colleagues to identify a suitable method of presentation and delivery. Typically this includes:
- Summarising published reports and adding commentary
- Asking direct questions to noted commentators on current topical themes
- Reviewing reports/publications applied in another sector and tailoring to the local recruitment sector.
- Actively involved in Corporate Planning activities twice yearly in order to create/amend the business plan for your business unit.
- Devise/participate in strategic marketing activities that will promote the Abacus brands and provide investment return.
- Identify potential promotion and public relations activities that could be beneficial to the Abacus business as is necessary.
- Evaluate, support and assist delivery of group wide projects.
- Actively involved, at all times, in the continual improvement of standards across the Abacus business.
- Be responsible for facilities & asset management, office security and health and safety.
- To perform any other duties as requested by management to meet operational need.
As an Investor in People organisation, Abacus is completely dedicated to personal and professional development. Abacus provides a comprehensive induction programme and training programme to support the team to achieve company goals.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job
Other Jobs you may like
Marketing, Advertising and PR
Market Research Associate
£27000 - £29000
24 May, 2023
Marketing, Advertising and PR
Graphic Design & Digital Marketing Executive
£28000 - £32000
12 May, 2023