Job Type: Contract
Date Posted: 04/03/2019
Are you an experienced line manager with strong operational management skills?
Do you have excellent analytical and office applications experience?
Would you like to work for a leading global company on a 12 month fixed term contract?
We have a very exciting role with a top employer on a fixed term basis. If interested, call Alex on 02890 313157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Marketing Services Manager is responsible for the operational and line management of the Marketing and CRM teams including the associated recruitment, on-boarding and training.
Initially, a large focus of this role will be to identify and up-skill members of the team, to take on layered line management responsibilities – solidifying three Team Lead positions. In order to free capacity for this up-skilling and to ensure continued service delivery, this role will also recruit and manage a Junior Marketing Assistant, to absorb administrative work from these up-skilled individuals. This will create a definitive career path for the Marketing and CRM teams, as well as provide resilience and a pipeline of talent – to ensure a consistent and quality service.
This Marketing Services Manager will also assume operational management of the central directories team, working closely with the Senior Marketing Services Manager to identify improvements and efficiencies, as well as provide timely and detailed communications to the global Marketing function, on the directories submission process.
- Operational and line management of the Marketing and CRM teams (23 roles), to deliver a quality service to the rest of the company.
- Initially identifying and up-skilling members of the team, to take on layered line management responsibilities – solidifying three Team Lead positions.
- Providing leadership support to the Team Leads as they develop, as well as motivating and integrating team members.
- Recruiting and managing a Junior Marketing Assistant to absorb administrative work from these up-skilled Team Leads.
- Operational management of the central directories team, working closely with the Senior Marketing Services Manager to identify improvements and efficiencies, as well as provide timely and detailed communications to the global Marketing function, on the directories submission process
- Managing all HR policies and procedures such as monitoring busyness levels, time management, absences and holiday cover, including any associated return to work meetings.
- Monitoring and ensuring the high performance of team members by developing staff to maximize their potential, managing local training needs, setting appropriate goals and objectives, carrying out performance reviews, and being responsible for instigating or carrying out formal management procedures where necessary
- Coaching and nurturing talent in others to achieve their potential, as well as recognising and rewarding successes, promoting others’ efforts and identifying opportunities for others.
- Leading by example and commanding respect within team/department, creating a culture of energy and quality, within a challenging and stimulating environment.
- Professionally promoting management decisions and presenting difficult messages positively.
- Conducting regular one-to-ones to discuss performance, development opportunities and encourage a sense of team.
- Operational & line management experience
- Experience of working within a marketing function ideally within the professional services sector
- Excellent analytical skills & high attention to detail
- Strong team player & excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong hands on experience of MS Officer, specifically Excel
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.