Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 13/02/2019
Are you an experienced office / facilities manager with a strong background in health & safety?
Do you have a NEBOSH / IOSH / COSHH certificate?
Would you like to work for a leading company with excellent remuneration?
We have a very exciting opportunity with a global company based in Belfast City Centre. if interested please call Alex on 02890 313157 or email email@example.com
The key purpose of the role is to maintain the operational efficiency of the Belfast Office, taking a proactive role to organise and supervise all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the office for employees, visitors and guests.
Liaise with security, procurement, facilities, IT and helpdesk, HR, Finance, Legal, Corporate Communications and Event Managers/Marketing to ensure the smooth running of the Belfast office.
Ensure Operational Effectiveness of the overall office and all equipment/hardware to include the below, co-ordinating with the relevant teams where appropriate and providing, or facilitating the provision of –
- Take ownership for the Belfast Office Manual
- Participate accordingly as part of the on-boarding processes for new employees and contractors
- Take responsibility for employee notifications with regard to office maintenance/ hygiene/ best working practice. Liaise with corporate communications, HR, procurement and facilities or the relevant team where appropriate.
- Overseeing general office supplies, including identifying and implementing general office repairs and updates in liaison with Real Estate
- Problem solving- responding to employee enquiries and complaints related to facilities/office space, taking action to resolve and seeking guidance from Senior Management, HR or Facilities if required
- Assisting HR with On-Boarding and Exits of Employees/Temporary Staff and Contractors
- Provide cover for receptionist during regular daily breaks
- General office maintenance, including tracking issues, repairs and records with the building/landlord or other service providers
- BAU vendor management regarding office facilities, cleaning, waste collection and landlord including ensuring all necessary responsibilities, testing and facilities checks are conducted and recorded accordingly
- Work to schedule and supervise repairs to furniture or fixtures and communicate to site/employees as necessary
- Assisting any guests to Group offices, coordinating with local IT; ensure that appropriate equipment is available for visitors (adaptors, catering/flipchart, cables, etc)
- Maintain accuracy of office floor plans in liaison with Real Estate
- Manage all desk and office move requests in coordination with IT and Real Estate
Health and Safety
- Ownership and communication of Health and Safety policy to the office
- Completion of weekly and adhoc safety checks as per the Health and Safety policy
- Completion of annual risk assessments and ensure we meet current UK legislation
- Maintain log of all Health and Safety updates and issues
- Following up on health and safety issues, including completion of desk assessments by new and existing employees escalating to Europe HR, where required
- Appropriate signage, posters, materials readily available to employees
- First aid boxes – supply and refreshment of supply
- Maintaining list of fire wardens and first aiders – training, communication to site
- Escalating to HR and Legal any issues that impact employees safety and welfare & site safety
BCP and Security
- Act as a point of contact for Business Continuity Planning and Security.
- Act as the BCP Admin and liaise with BCP teams in London and USA accordingly including participation in tabletop exercises, maintaining the plan and communicating accordingly
Reporting and governance/compliance
- Ensure compliance with local formalities (in coordination with Group Legal), including letterhead, corporate signage, insurance display requirements, etc.
- Provide quarterly summary of key actions/tasks affecting the local office or location for use at the Management Team Meetings
- Responding to global audit requests as required
- NEBOSH Health & Safety Certificate
- IOSH Health & Safety Certificate
- First Aid & Fire Safety training
- COSHH Risk Assessment qualification
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.