Office Operations Assistant
Salary£20000 - £23000
Date Posted21 June, 2023
Our client is seeking to recruit an Office Operations Assistant, this position will play an important role in supporting the ongoing success of the team, by creating a professional and welcoming environment for visitors to the Belfast office and providing effective and efficient support as a key member of the Business Services team.
- Meeting, greeting, and registering of all clients and visitors at reception and directing them as appropriate.
- Maintaining the highest standards of presentation in the reception area at all times.
- Maintaining security by following procedures, monitoring logbook, and issuing visitor badges.
- Handling telephone calls, dealing with enquiries and relaying accurate messages as required.
- Managing the reception mailbox, including checking voicemails.
- Responding appropriately to any questions and queries on behalf of the Belfast office.
- Responsibility for booking, controlling use and setting-up of meeting rooms and private offices.
- Setting up of meeting rooms and private offices before and after use.
- Responsibility for venue hire and other private meeting / function requirements.
- Liaising with members of the Operations and Projects team to ensure that audio-visual and other IT requirements are in place for meetings and other functions.
- Liaising with suppliers regarding the catering and refreshment requirements for meetings and other functions.
- Managing of car park spaces on a day-to-day basis and allocation of visitor car parking and team members for temporary use.
- Responsibility for staff photographs, including liaising with photographer, hair and makeup and arrange appropriate staff to attend.
- Responsibility for ordering and arranging flowers, gifts etc. as requested.
- Processing of all in-coming and out-going mail in accordance with office procedures.
- Day to day responsibility for arranging and managing couriers (including receipt and dispatch).
- Responsibility for replenishing stationery and other office supplies in accordance with the office stock take and ordering procedures.
- Responsibility for fire alarm test notifications.
- Working collaboratively with the PA to the Management Team and the Office Operations Assistant, including covering some of their responsibilities as required.
- Providing support with general office management (including checking tidiness and cleanliness of the reception area, meeting rooms, private offices, and all other areas) and escalating any issues.
- Supporting the arrangements for meetings and other functions, including the preparation of papers, presentations, and other materials.
- Supporting the travel and accommodation arrangements for members of the Belfast team and/or any visitors to the Belfast office (including partners, associates, business services managers or other visitors).
- Providing general administrative and operational assistance to the Belfast office as required.
- Providing cover for office related functions and events as required.
- 5 GCSE/GCE ‘O’ Level at grade A – C in English and Maths.
- A proven track record of working in an office operations and administrative role within a fast-paced professional services environment.
- Proven experience of contributing positively as part of a team and ability to work independently when required
- Proven experience of successfully managing and prioritising own workload, with an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to use discretion, patience, tact and respect for confidentiality.
- A high level of computer literacy, including proven experience of using Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job
Other Jobs you may like
Secretarial and Administration
£23000 - £27000
30 August, 2023
Secretarial and Administration
Admin Facilities Assistant
£21500 - £22000
29 August, 2023