Operational Resilience – The Bank of London
LocationBelfast, County Antrim
Date Posted19 July, 2023
Operational Resilience Co-Ordinator- The Bank of London
The Abacus Careers team are exclusively supporting The Bank of London to appoint the most talented professionals from the local marketplace as they build their new Belfast based ‘UK Centre of Excellence’.
The Bank of London is a leading-edge technology company and the world’s first purpose-built global clearing, agency, and transaction bank. We leverage our patented technology innovations and differentiated bank capabilities to lift economies and communities by powering the borderless economic infrastructure of the future.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
In your role as an Operational Resilience Coordinator, you will be key to embedding and maturing our resilience capability. You will help to ensure a clear understanding of our core processes to strengthen our resilience approach to prevent, adapt, respond to, recover, and learn from operational disruptions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing detailed analysis ensuring processes and procedures are fit for purpose, enabling the business to identify, assess and where appropriate, mitigate operational resilience exposures through continuous improvement and remediation activity.
- Highlight any process weaknesses and build controls to reduce the risk to the bank.
- Support the delivery and maintenance of the objectives of the operational resilience framework and policy, including identifying important business services, impact tolerance reviews, resource mapping, vulnerability identification and remediation.
- Support the development of an operational resilience minimum standards policy for critical and important third-party outsourcers.
- Increase the awareness and understanding of operational resilience internally and for clients and third parties.
- Provide first line oversight and assurance of Operational Resilience controls and ensure timely identification of risks.
- Carry out any other operational tasks deemed necessary by management.
WHAT YOU BRING
- You will be able to make the Complex Simple and Deliver Amazing, by reviewing, identifying, and delivering improvement.
- 6-12+ months Operational Resilience experience.
- Learn Fast. As the business develops, understand gaps that we have in our current processes and adapt. As we bring on new products learn the flow and establish key controls to enhance resilience capabilities
- You’ll be self-disciplined, proactive, and energised to deliver quality output against tight deadlines.
- You are a positive self-starter with excellent communication skills, that actively celebrate each person’s unique talent, passion, and background.
- Self-aware, your unique story will highlight learning agility and grit as well as a hunger for growth.
- You are highly organised with the ability to lead and deliver multiple projects, with tight timescales and work in a hands-on, fast-paced young firm.
Salary & Benefits:
- Market leading base salary
- 43 days holidays
- Up to 15% pension
- Private healthcare
- Stock options
- Physical wellbeing (£800 a year gym contribution)
The Bank of London is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity and belonging. All qualified applicants are welcome and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion or religious expression, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity and expression, transgender, national origin, or military veteran status.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job
Other Jobs you may like
Banking and Finance
Customer Service Representative
£23500 - £25000
25 September, 2023